Dado Villa-Lobos (born June 29, 1965 in Brussels, Belgium) is a Belgian-born Brazilian musician, best known as the ex-guitarist of post-punk band Legião Urbana. Along with singer Renato Russo and drummer Marcelo Bonfá, he was one of the founding members of that band, who formed in Brasília in 1982. Villa-Lobos remained with the band through all of their studio albums, until the group dissolved after the 1996 death of Russo. In 2005, he released his first solo album, Jardim de Cáctus, produced by Laufer .
Dado Villa-Lobos performing with Legião Urbana in May 2012.
|Birth name||Eduardo Dutra Villa-Lobos|
|Also known as||Dado|
|Born||June 29, 1965|
|Genres||Post-punk, alternative rock, folk rock, punk rock|
|Instruments||Guitar, mandolin, craviola, dobro, bass guitar, percussion, vocals|
|Associated acts||Legião Urbana, Aborto Elétrico, Os Paralamas do Sucesso, Dado e o Reino Animal, Paula Toller|
- Neder, Alvaro. "Legião Urbana – Biography", Allmusic, accessed November 7, 2007.
- Tributo ao Legião Urbana emociona mais de 14 mil pessoas
- Dado Villa-Lobos discute com fã em tributo à Legião
- "Dado Villa-Lobos Discute Com Fã durante o Tributo à Legião Urbana". Archived from the original on December 19, 2013. Retrieved March 5, 2013.
- Depois de ser xingado, Dado Vila-Lobos expulsa fã de show Archived April 7, 2013, at Archive.today
- "Dado Villa Lobos". Archived from the original on June 12, 2010. Retrieved April 16, 2010.