Dwayne Domonick Grant (born November 4, 1987), known as D-Teck, is an American hip hop recording artist, record producer, songwriter, rapper, and label owner. He was born in Kingston, Jamaica and was raised in the Bronx, New York. He has worked with and produced the likes of Common Kings, Akon, Cara Braia, IamStylezMusic, Richie Loop, JQT, DJ Pain 1 and most recently serves as CEO of Wazzup Media Group.
Dwayne "D-Teck" Grant
|Birth name||Dwayne Domonick Grant|
|Also known as||D-Teck|
|Born||November 4, 1987|
|Origin||Bronx, New York, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, R&B, soul, Reggae|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, record executive, rapper, songwriter, dj, television producer|
|Labels||Wazzup Media Group, Columbia, UMG, Bungalo Records, Konvict Muzik , The Orchard (company) , Empire Distribution|
|Associated acts||Common Kings, Akon, Cara Braia, J. Diamondz, Richie Loop, JQT, RaOol, DJ Pain 1, IamStylezMusic|
2001–2010: Early careerEdit
In 2001, D-TECK began writing, singing, and rapping in part by his love of hip-hop. In 2004, D-Teck was introduce to Christopher "Spida" Boswell, former member of the Refugee Camp and currently of Konvict Yard Muzik. Christopher "Spida" Boswell was the one who gave Dwayne the name "D-Teck". In 2010, Qwes Kross, elevated D-TECK as an official member of the 50/50 Konvict Muzik. Today, D-Teck serves as online marketing director, A&R and recording artist.
2010–2014: Konvict MuzikEdit
In early 2012, D-teck was promoted as A&R Director for Konvict Muzik Group by the Co-CEO and Founder Melvin E. Brown. As A&R Director, D-Teck presented Common Kings to both Melvin E. Brown and Co-founder of Konvict Muzik Group Megastar Akon. Common Kings were subsequently signed to Sony Music division in Australia. D-Teck was also instrumental in discovering K-pop Girls group JQT. As a result, JQT was also signed to Konvict Muzik. Currently, D-Teck is the Director of Artist & Repertoire, Talent Scouting, and Music Production.
2015–present: Wazzup Media GroupEdit
In 2015, Dwayne "D-Teck" Grant created Wazzup Media Group under which he serves as CEO . D-Teck realized the need for a platform that covers entertainment in a broad sense without media bias; therefore, launching the conglomerate. D-Teck expertise and connections in the industry pivots as the engine behind Wazzup Media Group which expands radio, internet marketing, advertising, and a recording label. On November 7, 2016, Wazzup Media Group launched the company to the public with a gala that included performances by Ted Park, Muscle Team Fuzz, and perishable items for charity provided by celebrity chef, Shawnae Dixon.
- 2010: A-Wax feat. D-Teck -If I'm Arrested
- 2011: JDIAMONDZ feat. D-TECK -MURDERER
- 2012: D-Teck feat. Rassel -Your Love
- 2013: Akon feat D-Teck -One Time
- 2013: I'm So Necessary Rashaun Will (Executive Produced)
- 2012: D-Teck feat. Choclair and Koncreto - We Run It Now
- 2018: IamStylezMusic -Who God Bless
- "D-Teck CEO of Invigorator Recordz, A&R for Konvict Muzic". MusicXray. MusicXray. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- Melvin Brown “Melvin Brown Interview about Common Kings and D-Teck, " Interview Melvin Brown talks Common Kings and D-Teck ", Soundcloud Artist on Rise, January 2009
- Wazzup Media Group “Wazzup Media Group announces New Wave of Future, "Wazzup Media Group announces New Wave of Future ", PrLog Wazzup Media Group, September 2016
- "Wazzup Media Group Epic Brand Launch". www.wazzuptonight.com. Wazzup Tonight, llc. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- One Rpm, "Artist", One Rpm, 2015
- SoundCloud, "D-Teck, Common Kings", Melvin Brown Interview, 2012
- ITunes, "Itunes Profile", Itunes profile, 2015
- HipHopVibe, "50Cent and Drake Collaboration", Hip-Hop Vibe, 2014
- Times of India, "RaOol's new track 'Dhuwan'", India Times, 2013
- ThisIs50, "D-Teck signs Uganda Producer", ThisIs50, 2013
- Madison Hip-hop Awards, "D-Teck Awards Committee", Madison HipHop Awards, 2013
- ChartSong, "A-Wax feat. D-Teck", If I'm Arrested, 2013[permanent dead link]