|Owned by||GEM INTERNATIONAL, MCS GROUP|
|Slogan||Монголын бүх суваг орон даяар + Азийн 29 оронд - All Mongolian channels countrywide available as well as in many Asian countries|
A member of the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union, DDISHTV was established in January 2008 to carry out Mongolian government’s proposal to broadcast more television channels in the countryside in high quality. It has officially started broadcasting in June 2008.
Previously people outside of bigger cities in Mongolia were able to view only four national TV channels due to outdated C-Band system with analog technology which requires big antenna. DDishTV began to work as first and unique operator with more TV channels to the consumers across the country through latest Ku-Band technology which allows small dishes.
As of February 2017, DDishTV broadcast across Mongolia for over 300,000 customers, though the reception is also available in over 25 different Asian countries, such as Russia, China, Korea, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Iran etc.
On July, 2010, DDishTV began airing free FM radio channels. As of November 2010, there are three FM channels, including Mongolian National Radio Program 1, Mongolian National Radio Program 2 and "Lavain Egshig" Radio.
DDish Tv has 3 base packages based on customer demand.
1. Small 80+ channels. Local news, entertainment, sports and Foreign news channels.
2. Medium 110+ channels. Local news, entertainment, sports and Foreign news channels and 2 SVOD channels.
3. Large 120+ channels. Local news, entertainment, sports and Foreign news channels and 3 SVOD channels. Premium sports channels. - SPS Action (UFC) - SPS Basketball (NBA) - SPS Football
4. NVOD - Pay per view service from Hollywood, Korean and Local titles. - 4 channels MONGOLIAN, NEW, ACTION, KIDS
5. ARVOD - Pay per view service. Subscribers now able to watch movies on demand using Arion STB and USB.
6. SVOD - Pay up to 12 months for Mongolia, Asia, Hollywood titles for subscription model.
7. Adult channel - Playboy
1. 4 main branches
2. 56 authorised dealers
3. Over 3800 Unitel main branches and contract dealers
DDishTV uses Apstar 5 a.k.a. Telstar 18 to broadcast its programmes. Telstar 18 was launched in June 2004 by Sea Launch, as a replacement satellite for APSTAR-I. It has an estimated operational lifetime of over 15 years. DDishTV made a contract with KTSAT to use Koreasat-5A which was launched in October 2017 by SpaceX. The migration from Apstar-5 to Koreasat-5A is completed and the subscribers in Mongolia are enjoying high quality DTH service via Koreasat-5A.
- Official Site