Día de Suerte
"Día de Suerte" ("Lucky Day") is a Latin pop song by Mexican recording artist Alejandra Guzmán. Produced by Armando Avila, the track was released as the main theme for the Mexican telenovela Una Familia con Suerte. The song was included in the setlist of Guzmán's live album 20 Años de Éxitos En Vivo con Moderatto (2011) and was performed by the singer and Moderatto. The studio version of the track is featured on the album as a bonus track.
|"Día de Suerte"|
|Single by Alejandra Guzmán|
|from the album 20 Años de Éxitos En Vivo con Moderatto|
|Released||February 2, 2011|
|Songwriter(s)||Alejandra Guzmán, José Luis Ortega|
|Alejandra Guzmán singles chronology|
"Día de Suerte" has charted within the top ten in the United States and became sixth top ten single for Guzmán on Billboard's Latin Pop Songs chart and also reached a peak atop the Mexican Airplay charts. Guzmán performed the track at the TVyNovelas Awards and received nominations for the Premios Oye! and Lo Nuestro.
"Día de Suerte" was written by Mexican singer-songwriter Alejandra Guzmán and José Luis Ortega, produced by Armando Avila, and performed by Guzmán. The song is featured as the main theme for the Mexican telenovela Una Familia con Suerte, produced by Juan Osorio and starred by Arath de la Torre, Mayrín Villanueva and Luz Elena González. The telenovela began its broadcasting on February 14, 2011 and featured Guzmán in a supporting role named Viridiana, in honor of her late sister Viridiana Alatriste. The song was released during the accusations made to the singer of having participated in a narcofiesta circa 2006, to which the singer responded: "I do not care about that [the accusations]."
Recording and releaseEdit
Guzmán found inspiration for the song at the middle of one night and immediately called Juan Osorio with the news. "It was a song I felt, I gave the best of me, but you never know if the audience would like it." Guzmán said. The song was co-written by José Luis Ortega and produced under the guidance of Armando Avila. During the recording of the live album 20 Años de Éxitos En Vivo con Moderatto, Guzmán performed the song for the first time along the band Moderatto who joined her on stage. On the release of 20 Años de Éxitos the studio version of "Día de Suerte" is included as a bonus track.
The track won for Rock Song of the Year at the Premio Lo Nuestro 2012, while the live version, featuring Moderatto, was nominated for Collaboration of the Year. "Día de Suerte" also was nominated for Song of the Year and won for Best Song for Telenovela, Series or Movies at the Mexican Premios Oye!.
"Día de Suerte" reached the top of the Mexican Airplay charts, and peaked at number nine in the Billboard Latin Songs and at number two in the Latin Pop Songs charts, becoming Guzmán's sixth top ten single in the latter chart. On the week of September 24, 2011, Guzmán had two top ten singles in the Latin Pop Songs chart simultaneously, at number nine "Tan Sólo Tú" (a featured performance with Franco De Vita) and "Día de Suerte" climbing to number two, blocked at the top by "Rain Over Me" by Pitbull and Marc Anthony.
Track listing and formatsEdit
- "Alejandra Guzmán pone en el # 1 el tema principal de 'Una Familia Con Suerte'". Terra Networks (in Spanish). Telefónica. April 18, 2011. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- "Alejandra Guzmán estrena el tema principal de Una familia con suerte" (in Spanish). El Informador. January 31, 2011. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- Samayoa, Julieta (February 17, 2011). "Alejandra guzman comenzó a grabar Una Familia Con Suerte" (in Spanish). Univision Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- "Alejandra Guzmán graba en vivo con Moderatto". Hoy Dallas (in Spanish). March 18, 2011. Archived from the original on October 9, 2011. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- 20 Años de Éxitos En Vivo con Moderatto (CD liner notes). EMI. 2011.
- "Lista de los nominados a Premios Lo Nuestro 2012" (in Spanish). En El Brasero. December 8, 2011. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- "Premio Oye 2012: Boletin de Prensa Nominados" (PDF). Premios Oye! (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de la Música en México. 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 31, 2012. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- "Lista de ganadores de los Premios Oye!" (in Spanish). StarMedia. February 10, 2012. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Día de suerte lidera listas de popularidad". El Universal. April 9, 2011. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- "Alejandra Guzmán – Chart History". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 6, 2011.
- "Latin Pop Songs – Week of September 24, 2011". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- "Día de Suerte – Single by Alejandra Guzmán". iTunes. February 2, 2011. Archived from the original on May 31, 2012. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- "Día de Suerte EP – Single by Alejandra Guzmán". iTunes. June 9, 2011. Archived from the original on June 19, 2014. Retrieved October 13, 2011.