Cry of the Innocent
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cry of the Innocent|
|Screenplay by||Sidney Michaels|
|Story by||Frederick Forsyth|
|Directed by||Michael O'Herlihy|
|Theme music composer||Allyn Ferguson|
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|Executive producer(s)||Theodore P. Donahue|
Robert Enrietto (associate producer)
|Cinematography||Robert L. Morrison|
|Editor(s)||Fred A. Chulack|
|Running time||1hr 33min|
|Production company(s)||NBC Film|
|Original release||June 19, 1980|
An American insurance executive seeks vengeance for the death of his wife and child in Ireland.
- Rod Taylor ... Steve Donegin
- Joanna Pettet ... Cynthia Donegin / Candia Leighton
- Nigel Davenport ... Gray Harrison Hunt
- Cyril Cusack ... Detective Inspector Tom Moloney
- Walter Gotell ... Jack Brewster
- Jim Norton ... Jasper Tooms
- Alexander Knox ... Thornton Donegin
- Joe Cahill ... Fritz Grossman
- May Ollis ... Martha
- Bairbre Dowling ... Maureen
- Des Cave ... Supt. Flannagan
- Ronnie Walsh ... Pete Medwin
- Tom Jordan ... Buck Haggerty
- John Franklyn ... Capo
- Des Nealon ... Tooms #2
- Michael O'Sullivan ... Young Garda Officer Gordon
- James N. Healy ... Garda sergeant
- Fidelma Murphy ... Lady clerk
- Maire O'Neill ... Hotel manageress
- Philip Bollard ... Steven Donegin Jr.
- Alison McCormack ... Melody Donegin
The film was shot in Ireland on a budget of one million dollars, financed by NBC. There were plans for a sequel but these did not eventuate.
This movie is in the public domain.
- "Cry of the Innocent (1980)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2015-07-02. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Stephen Vagg, Rod Taylor: an Aussie in Hollywood (Bear Manor Media, 2010) pp. 188-190