Cross-Strait Tourism Exchange Association
The Cross-Strait Tourism Exchange Association (CSTEA; simplified Chinese: 海峡两岸旅游交流协会; traditional Chinese: 海峽兩岸旅遊交流協會; pinyin: Hǎixiá Liǎng'àn Lǚyóu Jiāoliú Xiéhuì) or Association for Tourism Exchange across the Taiwan Straits (ATETS) is a semi-official representative office of the People's Republic of China in Taiwan handling tourism-related affairs. Its counterpart body in Mainland China by the Republic of China is the Taiwan Strait Tourism Association.
|Formed||7 May 2010|
|Jurisdiction||Republic of China|
|Website||Association for Tourism Exchange across the Taiwan Straits (in Chinese)|
The official opening ceremony of CSTEA in Taiwan was held at the Grand Hotel in Taipei on 7 May 2010. The ceremony was attended by people from both sides of the Taiwan Strait. Shao Qiwei, President of CSTEA, represented Mainland China and served as both of the main speaker and master of ceremonies during the banquet.
Kao Koong-lian, Vice Chairperson of Straits Exchange Foundation, and Janice Lai, Director-General of the Tourism Bureau of the ROC Ministry of Transportation and Communications and Chairperson of Taiwan Strait Tourism Association were also present during the ceremony.
The main tasks of CSTEA are:
- Consulting in tourism-related affairs
- Facilitating communications
- Handling disputes
- Promoting cross-strait tourism
- "Beijing opens tourism office in Taipei". Taiwantoday.tw. 10 May 2010. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Executive Yuan, R.O.C. (Taiwan)-Cross-strait Relations". Ey.gov.tw. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- No. 76-2, Section 2, Dūnhuà South Rd, Daan District (1970-01-01). "76-2 Section 2, Dūnhuà South Road, Daan District, Taiwan - Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 2014-03-02.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Taiwan and the mainland to open travel liaison offices". Chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Ruentex Tower | Buildings". Taipei /: Emporis. Retrieved 2014-03-02.