Crisscross (2018) is an Indian Bengali-language drama film directed by Birsa Dasgupta which is based on Smaranjit Chakraborty's 2013 novel of the same name. The film is produced by Shrikant Mohta and Mahendra Soni under the banner of SVF Entertainment. It stars Nusrat Jahan, Mimi Chakraborty, Bangladeshi actress Jaya Ahsan, Sohini Sarkar, Priyanka Sarkar.The film was released on 10 August 2018.
|Directed by||Birsa Dasgupta|
|Based on||Criss Cross|
by Smaranjit Chakraborty
|Produced by||Shrikant Mohta|
|Distributed by||Shree Venkatesh Films|
|Box office||2.0 crores|
Crisscross is primarily the story of five women from various walks of life. They all live in the city of Kolkata, and none of them are happy. Suzy is a freelance graphic designer who just can't seem to get work, or in the rare occasion when she does, never gets paid on time. She is a single mother with a drug-addict ex-husband, trying to put food on the table and giving her son a good education, even as the wolves and vultures keep circling her day and night. Meher is an aspiring actress trying to remain afloat by doing bit roles here and there, auditioning for good roles and getting humiliated on a daily basis. She has a widowed mother and a sickly brother to take care of, but the money just doesn't seem to come in. Miss Sen is a successful independent businesswoman who seems to be ruthless in her career ambitions – so much so that she has separated from her husband and her daughter. However, her business is weathering a storm, and she has been making some wrong moves, until a shocking revelation explains why. Rupa is a timid middle-class housewife who is constantly abused by her in-laws. While her mother-in-law blames her for not being able to conceive, her husband is always bickering at her. To make matters worse, there's this slimy good-for-nothing brother-in-law, who keeps abusing her mentally and physically by making direct sexual advances. Rupa bears it all, until one day, when she learns that she has a terminal disease. Finally, there's Ira a successful and independent photojournalist, who struggles to strike a balance between her career and a caring but priority-demanding boyfriend who wants to marry her. The stories of each of these women run crisscross, intersecting each other, and in one way or another, affecting each other.
- Nusrat Jahan as Meher
- Mimi Chakraborty as Ira
- Jaya Ahsan as Miss. Sen
- Sohini Sarkar as Rupa
- Priyanka Sarkar as Suzy
- Ridhima Ghosh as Urna
- Arjun Chakrabarty as Archie
- Gaurav Chakrabarty as Ahan
- Mithu Chakrabarty as Meher's Mother
- Dolon Roy as Ira's Mother
- Anindita Raychaudhury as Boudi
- Ambarish Bhattacharya as Rupa's Husband
- Mainak Banerjee as Rupa's Brother-in-law
- Phalguni Chatterjee
|Soundtrack album by|
|Studio||Shree Venkatesh Films|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Singles from Crisscross|
|1.||"Duniya"||Smaranjit Chakraborty||Subhadeep Mitra for JAM8||Nikhita Gandhi||3:52|
|2.||"Momer Shohor"||Smaranjit Chakraborty||Keeran for JAM8||Tushar Joshi||3:30|
|3.||"Aalo Chaya"||Smaranjit Chakraborty||Shubham Shirule For JAM8||Armaan Malik||4:12|
|4.||"Bari Phire Aye"||Prasen (Prasenjit Mukherjee)||Swastika & Sagnik for JAM8||Nikhita Gandhi||4:04|
- "Crisscross (2018) - Movie | Reviews, Cast & Release Date in nashik - BookMyShow". in.bookmyshow.com. Retrieved 12 February 2022.
- "'Crisscross' official trailer: The film chronicles around the challenges of five women - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 February 2022.
- Sarkar, Roushni. "Crisscross trailer throws more light on characters' individual crisis". Cinestaan. Retrieved 12 February 2022.
- প্রতিবেদন, নিজস্ব. "'ক্রিসক্রস'-এর চরিত্রদের চিনে নিন টিজারে..." www.anandabazar.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 12 February 2022.
- "বিরসা এবং ছয় নায়িকার কাহিনি..." www.anandabazar.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 12 February 2022.
- "Mimi talks about her character in Crisscross - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 February 2022.
- "'Gaaner Oparey' hit pair Mimi Chakraborty and Arjun Chakraborty back together in 'Crisscross' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 February 2022.
- "Gaurav reveals about his character in Crisscross - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 February 2022.
- Sarkar, Roushni. "My character is very small but integral to Crisscross: Gaurav Chakrabarty". Cinestaan. Retrieved 19 February 2022.
- "Will Ambarish Bhattacharya play Lalmohon Babu in Pradeep Sarkar's 'Feluda'? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 February 2022.
- "'Crisscross' new song: Armaan Malik creates magic with 'Alo Chhaya' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 February 2022.