Count of Marialva
The Count of Marialva (Portuguese: Conde de Marialva) was a Portuguese title of nobility created by a royal decree, issued in 1440, by King Afonso V of Portugal, and granted to Vasco Fernandes Coutinho (from a family descendency dating to the old Portuguese nobility), the third Marshal of Portugal.
List of countsEdit
- Vasco Fernandes Coutinho (1385);
- Gonçalo Coutinho, 2nd Count of Marialva (1415);
- João Coutinho, 3rd Count of Marialva (1450);
- Francisco Coutinho, 4th Count of Marialva (1480), married to Beatriz de Meneses, 2nd Countess of Loulé;
- Guiomar Coutinho, 5th Countess of Marialva (1510), 3rd Countess of Loulé, who married Fernando, Duke of Guarda.
- Nobreza de Portugal e Brasil (in Portuguese), III (II ed.), Lisbon, Portugal: Direcção de Afonso Eduardo Martins Zuquete/Editorial Enciclopédia, 1989, p. 721