Corferias is a convention center located in the city of Bogotá Colombia, between Quinta Paredes and El Recuerdo neighborhoods. It is a venue of local, national and international events. Although it was originally created only as a fair space it has also served as an important place for social activities including voting and it is used by companies and individuals for cultural events.
|Owner||Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá|
|Genre(s)||Exhibitions, Conferences, Proms, Sports Arena, Concerts|
Corferias was founded on June 8, 1954 by decree 1772 as mixed capital investment between the Colombian Ministry of Foment and the Association of Medium and Small Companies (ACOPI).
On October 29, 1954 it opened its doors with the creation of the first international exposition fair that would be later called International Fair of Bogotá. In 1955 Corferias became a public limited company when ACOPI sold some of its shares to the Institute of Industrial Foment (IFI).
In 1971 the Association of Fairs of America was founded with the goal of regulating the fair-related activities in South America. Initially the association was conformed by the cities of Bogotá, Lima, Santiago de Chile, and El Salvador. Corferias assumed the presidency of said association. From 1974 to 1988 the events were increased to seven per year.
In 1989 the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá acquired the 100% of Corferias' shares and Hernando Restrepo Londono would become its new director.
As of 2010 Corferias counts with 17 exposition pavilions. It includes a roof-covered area of 44,430 m2 (478,200 sq ft) and 15,000 m2 (160,000 sq ft) of open spaces. Since 2002 a room called Gran Salon is being used. It counts with a covered space of 6,000 m2 (65,000 sq ft) that allows events with an audience of 6,000 people sitting and 13,000 standing up. A new pavilion is in the process of being built that will allow an even bigger audience of 10,500 people seated and 21,000 standing. It is also the city's most attended voting place during election season.
Corferias has served as host of many cultural events throughout its history, among them they are notable:
- International book fair of Bogotá
- Handcrafts Fair Expoartesanias.
- Iberoamerican Theatre festival
- Colonies fair
- International Fair of Bogotá
- Gastronomy fair
- Campus Party
- Latin American fair of entertainment
- Andean Fair of Tabletop Games
- International Fair of the Environment
- International Art Fair of Bogotá
- International Agro Expo.
- MTV Awards
- Kids Choice Awards
- Voting posts for the National Elections Council
- Launch of the 2011 U-20 FIFA World cup
- Home fair
- Fantasy and Leisure Salon
- Salon of Fashion
- Leather Show
- Fair of young entrepreneurs
- International fair of Health
- Wines Expo
- Brides Expo
- International Automovil Expo
- "Centro Internacional de Negocios - Corferias CCB - Ficha Técnica - Bogotá.gov, Sitio Oficial de Bogotá". Bogota.gov.co. Archived from the original on 2012-03-09. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "CORFERIAS BOGOTÁ . Centro Internacional de Negocios y Exposiciones" (in Spanish). Corferias.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
-  Archived July 30, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- ":: Asociación Internacional de Ferias de América". AFIDA. Archived from the original on 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "InvertirĂĄn 75.000 millones de pesos en Corferias - Archivo - Archivo Digital de Noticias de Colombia y el Mundo desde 1.990". eltiempo.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Corferias Corporacion de Ferias y Exposiciones S.A. Bogota Corferias". Bogota-dc.com. 2006-10-29. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- ":: SERVICIOS WEB >>Calendario de Eventos ::" (in Spanish). Servicios.corferias.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Libros - El cómic no es un chiste, Artículo Impresa". Revistaarcadia.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Carta de Autorización de los autores para la reproducción parcial o total, y publicación electrónica del texto completo" (PDF).
- "XI Festival Iberoamericano de Teatro de Bogotá - Terra Colombia". Terra.com.co. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Feria de las Colonias abre sus puertas en Corferias". Elespectador.Com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- [permanent dead link]
- "Feria Internacional de Bogotá - vive.in". Bogota.vive.in. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Ferias en Colombia en CORFERIAS Centro internacional de negocios y exposiciones". PortalFerias.COM. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Eventos en Bogota - Campus Party en Corferias, Evento". Planb.com.co. 2008-06-16. Archived from the original on 2011-10-02. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Feria del entretenimiento". Barriosdebogota.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "RCN Radio". Ambiente Play. Archived from the original on 2010-07-14. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Feria Internacional de Arte en Bogotá - Noticias de Entretenimiento, Espectáculos, Arte y Cultura en Colombia". Eltiempo.Com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.