Corey Cowick (born August 1, 1989) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey forward. He most notably played in the American Hockey League (AHL) for the Binghamton Senators and Springfield Falcons.
August 1, 1989|
Gloucester, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||194 lb (88 kg; 13 st 12 lb)|
160th overall, 2009|
Cowick was selected by the Ottawa Senators in the 6th round (160th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. Prior to turning professional, he played major junior hockey in the Ontario Hockey League. On August 5, 2010, the Ottawa Senators signed Cowick to an entry-level contract. Within his tenure with the Senators, Cowick played in the American Hockey League with affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.
Following the completion of his contract with the Everblades, Cowick left for abroad as a free agent to sign a one-year deal with Scottish club, Braehead Clan of the Elite Ice Hockey League on July 8, 2016. After a productive first season abroad, Cowick moved on to French club, Gamyo d'Épinal of the Ligue Magnus in May 2017, following in the footsteps of fellow EIHL players Matt Carter and Alex Nikiforuk who both moved to Gamyo from Nottingham ahead of the 2017–18 season.
Cowick was later released from his contract in France, and ended his seven year professional career after undergoing a second shoulder reconstruction. He joined the Canadian International Hockey Academy as a guidance counsellor and coach, while preparing for the ambition to pursue a firefighting career.
- "Senators sign forward Corey Cowick to entry-level contract". Ottawa Senators. August 5, 2010. Retrieved August 5, 2010. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Everblades add winger Corey Cowick". Florida Everblades. August 7, 2015. Retrieved August 7, 2015. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Corey Cowick welcomed to Braehead". Braehead Clan. July 8, 2016. Retrieved July 8, 2016. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "One departs, two arrive" (in French). Gamyo d'Épinal. May 30, 2017. Retrieved May 30, 2017. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Cowick: Still learning form Brian Kilrea to this day". The Sports Network. February 9, 2018. Retrieved February 9, 2018. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: