Corey Brown (American football)
Corey "Philly" Brown (born December 16, 1991) is an American football wide receiver and return specialist who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Carolina Panthers as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He played college football at Ohio State.
Brown with the Carolina Panthers in 2016
|Position:||Wide receiver, return specialist|
|Born:||December 16, 1991|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Cardinal O'Hara|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
While attending Cardinal O'Hara High School in Springfield, Pennsylvania, Brown was one of the state's top performers in the sprinting events, with personal-bests of 10.54 seconds in the 100-meter dash and 21.18 seconds in the 200-meter dash.
Brown played college football at Ohio State University from 2010 to 2013. In his four-year career at Ohio State, he started 35 of 48 games and recorded 145 receptions for 1,750 yards and 15 touchdowns.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|5 ft 11 in
|4.45 s||1.58 s||2.59 s||4.22 s||7.16 s||33 in
|10 ft 3 in|
Brown was signed by the Carolina Panthers after going undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. On October 5, 2014, Brown recorded the first punt return touchdown for the Panthers since Steve Smith, Sr. in 2003 on a 79-yard touchdown return.
On November 16, 2014, Brown recorded his first receiving touchdown as an NFL player.
In Brown's second season, the Panthers finished the season with a franchise-record 15-1 season. Brown had 31 catches for 447 yards and four touchdowns. On February 7, 2016, Brown was part of the Panthers team that played in Super Bowl 50. In the game, the Panthers fell to the Denver Broncos by a score of 24–10. In the Super Bowl, Brown had four catches for 80 yards, and was the Panthers' leading receiver in the game in terms of total receiving yards.
- Panthers’ ‘Philly’ Brown happy to be where he is: Undrafted, but with Carolina
- Panthers' Philly Brown gets tackled before catching punt, still returns it for a touchdown
- "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- "Super Bowl 50 - National Football League Game Summary" (PDF). NFL.com. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- Brown, Chris (March 12, 2017). "Buffalo agrees to terms with WR Corey 'Philly' Brown". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (September 3, 2017). "Bills part ways with RB Williams, WR Brown, LB Hodges; awarded claims on three players". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (October 3, 2017). "Bills sign WR Brown, S Elston back to the roster; sign S Thomas". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (October 7, 2017). "Bills promote CB Mabin from practice squad; WR Brown released". BuffaloBills.com.
- DiLalla, Aric (July 27, 2018). "Broncos sign wide receiver Corey 'Philly' Brown". DenverBroncos.com.
- "Broncos claim WR DeAndrew White off waivers and sign DL DeQuinton Osborne; waived/injured WR Corey Brown and DL Paul Boyette". DenverBroncos.com. August 15, 2018.