Copper ale is the flagship beer of Otter Creek Brewing, a craft brewery located in Middlebury, Vermont. It is also produced by other U.S. companies, such as Boulder Beer Company in Boulder, Colorado.
In Australia, the James Squire brand of copper ale named The Constable Copper Ale is produced. James Squire products are brewed by the Malt Shovel Brewery in Sydney, Australia. It is also produced by Alosta Brewing Co. in Covina, CA in collaboration with the band +LIVE+ to celebrate their 8x Platinum album "Throwing Copper"
- Grove, Jake (July 1, 2011). "On Tap: Singletrack Copper Ale from Boulder Beer". The Anderson Independent-Mail. Retrieved 18 January 2014. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Boulton, Christopher; Quain, David (2013). Brewing Yeast and Fermentation. John Wiley & Sons. p. 33. ISBN 978-1118685341.
- Perozzi, Christina; Beaune, Hallie (2009). The Naked Pint: An Unadulterated Guide to Craft Beer. Penguin. p. 76. ISBN 978-1101149225.
- Szamatulski, Tess; Szamatulski, Mark (2010). CloneBrews, 2nd Edition: Recipes for 200 Commercial Beers. Storey Publishing. p. 148. ISBN 978-1603422802.
- DeBenedetti, Christian (2011). The Great American Ale Trail. Running Press. p. 113. ISBN 978-0762444762.
- "The Shout". Theshout.com.au. October 25, 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2014.