Connecticut Children's Medical Center
Connecticut Children's Medical Center is a comprehensive pediatric hospital in Hartford, Connecticut, United States. The hospital serves more than 15,000 children in primary care services, 55,000 in emergency care services, and 6000 in surgical services annually. The hospital also provides intensive care for children suffering traumatic injury or illness and neonatal care for children born premature or critically ill. The main campus is located on Washington Street in Hartford, directly adjacent to the main campus of Hartford Hospital. Other locations include Waterbury, Farmington, Glastonbury, and Shelton, all in Connecticut.
The main hospital has 187 inpatient beds.
Connecticut Children's Medical Center was founded as the Newington Home for Incurables in Newington, CT in 1898 by the Connecticut Children's Aid Society. It eventually was expanded and renamed the Newington Children's Hospital in 1968, and in 1986 signed an agreement with Hartford Hospital to open a new children's hospital in Hartford. The University of Connecticut also agreed to move its pediatric medicine and residency program to the new hospital. On March 30, 1996, pediatric patients from the Newington Children's Hospital, Hartford Hospital, the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, CT were relocated to the newly opened Connecticut Children's Medical Center. The grand opening ceremonies were held on April 2, 1996.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-08-14. Retrieved 2010-09-09.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "About Connecticut Children's Medical Center - Hospital For Children CT".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2010-09-09.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "10 Best Children's Hospitals In The U.S. in 2019 - Womens Choice Award".
- "Women's Choice Award: Best Children's Hospitals 2019". www.beckershospitalreview.com.