|Conejos County Hospital|
|San Luis Valley Health|
|Location||19021 Hwy 285 |
La Jara, Colorado 81140, Conejos County, Colorado, United States
|Emergency department||Level IV trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Colorado|
The hospital is a Level IV trauma center.
History and organizationEdit
The hospital was established in 1963. It was originally started and staffed by Mennonites who continued running the hospital through the 1970s. The hospital completed a $6 million expansion in 2019, which included an upgrade to its emergency rooms.
The hospital is one of two hospitals (and several regional clinics) that make up San Luis Valley Health (SLV Health), a small hospital network. The other hospital in the network is the San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center in Alamosa. SLV Health was founded in 2013.
- "Conejos County Hospital". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- "San Luis Valley Health Conejos County Hospital". Colorado Hospital Association. Retrieved 2020-06-06.
- "Conejos County Hospital, La Jara, CO 81141". American Hospital Directory. 2020-04-08. Retrieved 2020-06-06.
- "Conejos County Hospital". San Luis Valley Health. 2020. Retrieved 2020-06-06.
- "Mennonites celebrate 50+ years of service". Valley Courier. Alamosa, Colorado. 2018-05-09. Retrieved 2020-06-06.
- Unrau, Harlan D. (2011-10-01). "Conejos County Hospital (La Jara, Colorado, USA)". Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2020-06-06.
- "About SLVH". San Luis Valley Health. 2020. Retrieved 2020-06-06.