Condon is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Missoula County, Montana, United States. Located along the Swan River and Montana Highway 83, Condon is situated between the Swan Range to the east and the Mission Mountains to the west, providing close proximity to the Bob Marshall Wilderness and Mission Mountains Wilderness, respectively. Its population was 343 as of the 2010 census.
|• Total||21.587 sq mi (55.91 km2)|
|• Land||21.401 sq mi (55.43 km2)|
|• Water||0.186 sq mi (0.48 km2)|
|Elevation||3,711 ft (1,131 m)|
|• Density||16/sq mi (6.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||781557|
Condon is the site of a U.S. post office, using ZIP Code 59826, which opened on July 1, 1952. Mission Mountain School is located in the community and the U.S. Forest Service operates an airport in Condon.
This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Condon has a humid continental climate, abbreviated "Dfb" on climate maps.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Condon". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Condon". Montana. Retrieved 2017-08-01.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- Climate Summary for Condon, Montana
|This Montana state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|