Comrade (2017 film)
|Directed by||Shankudeb Panda|
|Produced by||Easel movies|
|Written by||Shankudeb Panda|
|Music by||Surojit Chatterjee|
|Edited by||Subhajit Singha|
The story based on the Singur - Nandigram violence which took place in the period of 2006 to 2007 in West Bengal. A peasants movement starts against land acquisition policy by the Government for industrialisation. The government stick on the point to acquire lands for a factory. Party workers confront with the farmers on the issue. Two women, Nandini and Radharani become the leader of the uprising. Nandini is gang-raped and murdered and Radharani commits suicide. Those horrific incidents make villagers to more united for their rights. Later Supreme Court of India orders to stop the land acquisition.
The film is produced by Aatreyee Nirman Easel. Kharaj Mukherjee is playing a key role. The shooting is mainly done in various places of South and North Bengal, including Garhbeta, Singur and Kolkata. The music is composed by Surojit Chatterjee.
- "The Times of India (Kolkata)".
- Press Trust of India (1 April 2017). "Bengali film on Singur-Nandigram unrest in works". business-standard.com. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- Monideepa Banerjie. "Former Trinamool Leader Makes Movie On Singur, Nandigram". ndtv.com. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Former TMC leader makes movie on Left, Oppn smells comeback plan". dnaindia.com. 15 July 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Comrade Movie Review". 28 July 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2017.