Compulsive Liar (French: Menteur) is a Canadian comedy film, directed by Émile Gaudreault and released in 2019. The film stars Louis-José Houde as Simon, a man who is confronted by his family about his lifelong habit of being a compulsive liar, and denies it; however, he then wakes up the next day in an alternate reality in which all of his past lies have become the truth, forcing him to correct all of his lies with the help of his brother Phil (Antoine Bertrand) in order to reset everything back to normal.
|Directed by||Émile Gaudreault|
|Produced by||Denise Robert|
|Written by||Éric K. Boulianne|
Véronique Le Flaguais
|Music by||FM Le Sieur|
|Edited by||Arthur Tarnowski|
|Distributed by||Les Films Séville|
The film premiered in theatres on July 10, 2019, and had the biggest opening weekend for a Québécois film in 2019. As of the week of August 15 it had surpassed $5 million at the box office, and had already reached the status of Quebec's 13th highest-grossing film of all time.
The film ended 2019 as the year's top-grossing Canadian film.
- "Menteur – Film de Émile Gaudreault". Films du Québec, June 28, 2019.
- "Un Menteur qui tient ses promesses". Le Journal de Montréal, July 8, 2019.
- "Le film Menteur s’offre le meilleur départ des films québécois de 2019". Ici Radio-Canada, July 15, 2019.
- "Menteur atteint les 5 M$ de recettes dans les cinémas". Le Journal de Montréal, August 16, 2019.
- John Hazelton, "Quebec comedy 'Menteur' scores big at Canadian box office". Screen Daily, August 21, 2019.
- "2019′s top-grossing films at the Canadian box office". Playback, January 7, 2020.
- "Les femmes brillent aux nominations du Gala Québec Cinéma". Ici Radio-Canada, April 23, 2020.
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|