|Died||2 January 1659 (aged 69)|
|Resting place||King's Chapel Burying Ground|
Boston, Massachusetts, US
(m. 1613; died 1658)
In 1635, aged 45, left the Kingdom of England aboard the Hercules, which launched from Sandwich, Kent. He settled in Cambridge, Colony of Massachusetts Bay, where he was a founder of Harvard College the following year. He came with three of his children and three servants; his wife followed with the other children. One of his daughters did not emigrate until after her father's death.
Starr married Elizabeth Watts on 4 October 1614. They had nine children: Thomas (1615–1658), Judith (1617–1622), Mary (1620), Elizabeth (1621–1704), Comfort (1624–1711), John (1626–1704), Samuel (1628–1633), Hannah (1632–1662) and Lydia (1634–1653). Mary married John Maynard in 1640. Calvin Coolidge, the 30th president of the United States, was a descendant of John.
Starr died on 2 January 1659, aged 69, just over six months after the death of his wife. They are buried in King's Chapel Burying Ground in Boston. A memorial plaque to Starr was installed in St Dunstan's Church in Cranbrook, Kent, where he was baptised.
- Ancestry of Lawrence Williams, Cornelia Bartow Williams (1915), p. 273
- Anderson, Robert Charles (2009). "The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634–1635, Volume VI, R–S". Archived from the original on 5 March 2022.
- Comfort Starr – Family Search[unreliable source?]
- Starr, Burgis Pratt (1879). A history of the Starr family of New England, from the ancestor, Dr. Comfort Starr of Ashford, County of Kent, England, who emigrated to Boston, Mass., in 1635 ; ... Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center. Hartford, Conn. : Case, Lockwood & Brainard.
- Memoirs of the Harvard Dead in the War Against Germany, Volume 2, Mark Antony De Wolfe Howe, 1921, p. 268
- Ancestry of Lawrence Williams, Cornelia Bartow Williams (1915), p. 274
- New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of Her People in the Making of Commonwealths and the Founding of a Nation, Volume 3 (1913), p. 1099
- Ancestry of Lawrence Williams, Cornelia Bartow Williams (1915), p. 275
- John Maynard of Sudbury, Mass. and Some of His Descendants (1914)
- Some Colonial Families: Avery, Brewster, Mills, Morgan, Smith, Starr, Stewart, Tracey (1926), p. 61
- "Using Tree Rings to Date Historic Guilford Buildings". Guilford, CT Patch. 19 October 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2020.
- Cranbrook Church, St Dunstan, Kent Dr Comfort Starr – johnevigar, flickr[unreliable source?]