Colin John Podmore ecclesiastical historian and a senior layperson in the Church of England. Since April 2013, he has been the director of Forward in Faith, a traditionalist Anglo-Catholic organization within the church. He was previously the secretary of the House of Clergy of the General Synod (2002–2011) and clerk to the General Synod (2011–2013).(born 22 February 1960) is an English
Colin John Podmore
22 February 1960
|Occupation||Ecclesiastical historian, ecclesiastical official|
Podmore read history at Keble College, Oxford, and trained as a teacher at Selwyn College, Cambridge. After a period of work as a schoolteacher he came back to the University of Oxford as a researcher and his D.Phil. thesis on the Moravian Church in England was subsequently published.
In 2002, Podmore was elected a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society (FRHistS). In June 2017, he was awarded the Lanfranc Award for Education and Scholarship by the Archbishop of Canterbury "for services to education and scholarship in support of the Church of England and the wider Church".
- Hüffmeier, Wilhelm; Podmore, Colin (1996). Leuenberg, Meissen and Porvoo: Consultation between the Churches of the Leuenberg Church Fellowship and the Churches Involved in the Meissen Agreement and the Porvoo Agreement. Frankfurt: Lembeck. ISBN 978-3-87476-316-5.
- Colin Podmore (1998). The Moravian Church in England, 1728–1760. Oxford: Clarendon Press. ISBN 978-0-19-820725-2. (based on the author's D.Phil. thesis)
- Colin Podmore, ed. (1998). Community, Unity, Communion: Essays in Honour of Mary Tanner. London: Church House Publishing. ISBN 978-0-7151-5756-5.
- Colin Podmore (2005). Aspects of Anglican Identity. London: Church House Publishing. ISBN 978-0-7151-4074-1.
- Roger Greenacre (2013). Colin Podmore (ed.). Maiden, Mother and Queen: Mary in the Anglican Tradition. Norwich, England: Hymns Ancient and Modern. ISBN 978-1-84825-278-3.
- Roger Greenacre (2014). Colin Podmore (ed.). Part of the One Church? The Ordination of Women and Anglican identity. Norwich, England: Canterbury Press. ISBN 978-1-84825-627-9.
- Colin Podmore, ed. (2015). Fathers in God? Resources for Reflection on Women in the Episcopate. Norwich, England: Canterbury Press. ISBN 978-1-84825-826-6.
- "Podmore, Dr Colin John", Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2016; online edn, Nov 2016 accessed 24 July 2017
- "The Director". Forward in Faith. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "The Archbishop of Canterbury's Awards: Citations in Alphabetical Order" (PDF). Archbishop of Canterbury. 9 June 2017. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 June 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an English historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|