This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)
The coat of arms of Mauritius are stipulated in the "Mauritius Laws 1990 Vol.2 SCHEDULE (Section 2)". In the lower left quarter is a key and on the right-hand side is a white star, which are referred to in the Latin motto "Stella Clavisque Maris Indici" meaning "Star and Key of the Indian Ocean".
|Coat of arms of Mauritius|
|Armiger||Republic of Mauritius|
|Blazon||Quarterly azure and or: (1) A lymphad or; (2) 3 palm trees vert; (3) A key in pale the wards downwards gules; (4) From the base a pile, and in chief a mullet argent|
|Supporters||On the dexter side, a dodo per bend sinister embattled gules and argent and on the sinister side, a sambar deer per bend embattled argent and gules, each supporting a sugar cane erect proper|
|Motto||Stella Clavisque Maris Indici |
"Star and Key of the Indian Ocean"
|Earlier version(s)|| |
The armorial ensigns and supporters of Mauritius are officially described as:
(a) for arms-
- Quarterly azure and or.
- In the first quarter a lymphad or.
- In the second, 3 palm trees vert.
- In the third, a key in pale the wards downwards gules.
- In the issuant, from the base a pile, and in chief a mullet argent.
(b) for the supporters-
- On the dexter side, a dodo per bend sinister embattled gules and argent, and
- On the sinister side, a sambar deer per bend embattled argent and gules, each supporting a sugar cane erect proper,
(c) with the motto "Stella Clavisque Maris Indici" (lat: Star and Key of the Indian Ocean)
- Azure – Royal Blue (Pantone Reflex Blue)
- Or – Gold (Metallic Gold)
- Vert – Emerald Green (Pantone Green)
- Gules – Warm Red (Pantone 2X)
- Argent – Silver (Metallic Silver)