Coalmont is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Lewis Township, Clay County, Indiana, United States. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 402.
Location of Coalmont in Clay County, Indiana.
|• Total||1.5 sq mi (3.9 km2)|
|• Land||1.5 sq mi (3.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||630 ft (190 m)|
|• Density||268/sq mi (103.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||432712|
Coalmont is located in southwestern Clay County at Sullivan County line. Indiana State Road 159 runs north-south through the center of the community, and IN 48 forms the southern edge of the CDP. Shakamak State Park is directly to the south. Jasonville is 3.4 miles (5.5 km) to the southeast on routes 159 and 48, and Hymera is 4 miles (6 km) to the west on IN 48.. Its western border is the
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Coalmont, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Coalmont CDP, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved August 4, 2014.
- "Clay County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 99. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and named for the coal here...
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
|This Clay County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|