Clive Freeman (born 12 September 1962) is an English former footballer who played as a left sided attacking full-back or midfielder, most notably for Altrincham, and who has since served as a coach and assistant manager at Guiseley A.F.C., Buxton FC, Ossett Town and Goole A.F.C.
|Full name||Clive Richard Freeman|
|Date of birth||12 September 1962|
|Place of birth||Leeds, England|
|Playing position||Left back or Midfielder|
|1991–1992||→ Carlisle United (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
He famously scored the November 1992 BBC Goal of the Month for Altrincham F.C. against Chester City F.C. in the second round of the FA Cup, and was noted for his ball striking ability from range and at set pieces.
Freeman started his career in the lower leagues, appearing for Farsley Celtic and Doncaster Rovers, before joining Bridlington where he was an FA Vase finalist. He was signed for Swansea by Terry Yorath but was unable to force his way into the team, and so went to Carlisle on loan. After being released by Swansea in the summer of 1992, he attended successful trials at Altrincham where he signed permanently. He was a first team regular in an unfamiliar position of left-back, but made significant contributions to the club with important goals. Despite finishing top scorer he was released, and joined Doncaster Rovers where he stayed for one season. He subsequently returned to non-league football with A.F.C. Emley, Bradford Park Avenue and Guiseley where he was later player-coach, and assistant manager.
- "Cup progress new goal for shooting star Clive". Yorkshire Evening Post. 11 October 2002.
- "Players of the Past". www.swanseacity.com. Archived from the original on 24 March 2019. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- "Clive Freeman". doncasterrovers.co.uk. Archived from the original on 8 August 2009.
- "Freeman departs as Ossett assistant". www.nonleagueyorkshire.com.
- "Goole AFC History". www.gooleafc.com.
- "Altrincham Football Club Legends Section Nine, Profiles 28-30". The Alty Files.
- Clive Freeman at Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Player's Database
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a defender born in the 1960s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|