|Member of the European Parliament|
1 July 2009 – 19 June 2018
26 November 1960|
European Green Party
Turmes has been a member of the European Parliament since the 1999 European elections. In parliament, he first served on the Committee on Budgetary Control before joining the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy in 2002. In this capacity, he served as rapporteur on the 2008 draft of the EU Renewable Energy Directive 2009/28/EC and on the EU Energy Efficiency Directive 2012. Between 2007 and 2008, he was a member of the Temporary Committee on Climate Change. He also represented the Parliament at the 2008 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Poznań, and the 2016 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Marrakesh.
In addition to his committee assignments, Turmes is a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights and of the European Parliament Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals.
- Jennifer Rankin (January 30, 2008), Turmes to draft the Parliament’s renewables position European Voice.
- Green jobs initiative European Voice, July 13, 2011.
- Jennifer Rankin (November 26, 2008), MEPs flock to Poznań meeting European Voice.
- MEPs to participate in COP22 climate change conference in Marrakesh European Parliament, press release of November 11, 2016.
- Constant Brand (April 13, 2011), Cross-party group to draft reforms for lobbying rules European Voice.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals.
- Experts Energy Watch Group (EWG).
- Council Agora Energiewende.