Classical guitar pedagogy
Classical guitar educationEdit
The classical guitar is today a standard instrument that can be studied at music universities and conservatories. Numerous education publications are available, from guitar-related books, to musical style, etc.
There are also institutions that offer worldwide graded music exams. Examples include:
- ABRSM: graded music exams from Grade 1 to Grade 8, or advanced diplomas
- Trinity College London: graded music exams from Grade 1 to Grade 8, Music Certificate Exams, or advanced diplomas
Classical guitar pedagogy also includes music pedagogy. Relevant publications from John Sloboda and others exist, which consider e.g.
Students studying music pedagogy usually receive access (via their learning institution e.g. university) to searchable online journals (e.g. via JSTOR, ProQuest) which simplifies the process of locating relevant data, studies and citations for their own research.
Classical guitar techniqueEdit
Brad Conroy's lesson on simple right hand arppegios 
- ABRSM guitar publications
- Trinity College guitar publications Archived 2011-07-10 at the Wayback Machine.
- A Performer's Guide to Music of the Baroque Period, Classical Period, Romantic Period Archived 2006-10-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- ABRSM: Graded Music Exams Archived 2010-12-03 at the Wayback Machine. (Instrument, or Theory, or Practical Musicianship)
- ABRSM: Guitar syllabus (Grade 1 to Grade 8) Archived 2010-12-02 at the Wayback Machine.
- ABRSM: Diplomas
- Trinity College: Music Grade Exams (Grade 1 to Grade 8)
- Trinity College: Music Certificate Exams
- Trinity College: Diplomas
- London College of Music Examinations
- UNISA: graded music examinations
- AMEB: Australian Music Examinations Board
- ANZCA: Australian and New Zealand Cultural Arts Limited Archived 2009-09-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- VMEB: Vienna Music Examination Board
- Making the Grade Archived 2009-09-30 at the Wayback Machine. by Neil Smith (EGTA 1993)
- Grade Examinations Working Party Report Archived 2008-07-08 at the Wayback Machine. by Richard Wright (EGTA 1993)
- Articles about EGTA Archived 2009-09-30 at the Wayback Machine.
- OUP: Psychology of Music
- OUP: Philosophy of Music
- OUP: Music Education
EGTA (European Guitar Teachers Association)Edit
- EGTA - European Guitar Teachers Association (UK)
- The EGTA Series: realising new aims in educational guitar music by Richard Wright (1996)
- The EGTA Series
- A Common Approach: National Curriculum (see also: 1)