Clarissa dos Santos
|No. 11 – San Antonio Stars|
|Born||March 10, 1988|
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Listed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Listed weight||196 lb (89 kg)|
|2011–2015||ADCF Unide Americana|
|2017–present||San Antonio Stars|
|Stats at WNBA.com|
Early life and careerEdit
She began practicing sports at 13 on the Miécimo da Silva Sports Complex, and one day, as the basketball court was right along the athletics field where she practiced discus throw Santos was invited to play that sport. Eventually it became her priority. In 2005, she joined the young teams of the club, and one year later was already in the adult team of Fluminense.
Clarissa excelled at rebounds, a statistic she topped in the Brazilian championship for two straight years. She was champion in 2012 with the Americana team. She is 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m) tall.
National Team and international competitionEdit
For the Brazil women's national basketball team, Clarissa won a bronze medal at the 2011 Pan American Games, and was champion of the 2011 FIBA Americas Championship for Women which qualified Brazil for the 2012 Summer Olympics. In the women's event, Brazil fell at the group stage with only one win, but Santos lead the rebounds statistic. She was also part of the Brazilian team that played at the Rio Olympics.
- Sky Acquire Astou Ndour From Stars In Exchange For Clarissa Dos Santos
- Interview Archived 2013-07-02 at the Wayback Machine
- TREINADOR MANDA MENSAGEM DE APOIO A PUPILA CLARISSA Archived 2015-09-23 at the Wayback Machine
- "Basketball: Women's Bronze Medal Match 17". Guadalajara2011.org.mx. Archived from the original on 2014-08-19.
- cbb.com.br Archived 2012-07-21 at the Wayback Machine
- "BARBOSA DEFINE SELEÇÃO BRASILEIRA PARA OS JOGOS RIO 2016". www.cbb.com.br. Archived from the original on 2016-10-28. Retrieved 2017-07-12.