Claire Woods, September 2008
|Birth name||Claire Woods|
|Born||6 July 1981|
Adelaide, South Australia
|Height||163 cm (5 ft 4 in)|
|Event(s)||50km race walk|
|Updated on 25 April 2013.|
She married international racewalker and dual Olympic gold medallist Jared Tallent in Walkerville, South Australia in August 2008. Their first child Harvey Sebastian Tallent was born on 25 May 2017.
Claire Woods was 19th at the 2010 IAAF World Race Walking Cup, but reached the podium at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, where she claimed the silver medal behind England's Johanna Jackson. She began her 2011 season with a husband and wife double at the Australian 20 km walk championships, taking the women's title while her husband won on the men's side.
She then achieved the 1st position in both the 5000 m and 10 km events at the Oceania Championships (Regional Division West), and in the same year competed at the 2012 Olympic Games in London but was Disqualified.
Weeks after her disqualification, she finished third at the World Athletics Race Walking Team Championships in Taicang, China in the women's 50 km walk in an Oceania and Australian record of 4:09:33. www.worldathletics.org/news/series/claire-tallence-australia-race-walk
|2007||Universiade||Bangkok, Thailand||14th||20 km||1:45:07 hrs|
|2008||Olympic Games||Beijing, China||27th||20 km||1:33:02 hrs|
|2009||World Championships||Berlin, Germany||27th||20 km||1:38:12 hrs|
|2010||Commonwealth Games||New Delhi, India||2nd||20 km||1:36:55 hrs|
|2011||World Championships||Daegu, South Korea||21st||20 km||1:34:46 hrs|
|2012||Oceania Championships (Regional Division West)||Cairns, Australia||1st||5000 m||21:57.48 min|
|1st||10 km||44.19 min|
|Olympic Games||London, United Kingdom||–||20 km||DQ|
|2017||World Championships||London, United Kingdom||43rd||20 km||1:37:05|
|2018||Commonwealth Games||Gold Coast, Australia||–||20 km||DQ|
- Gullan, Scott (22 August 2008). "Jared Tallent and Claire Woods to wed in Walkerville". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- Homray, Reece (29 May 2017). "Australian racewalking couple Jared and Claire Tallent welcome the pitter patter of little feet with their first child". The Advertiser. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- Johnson, Len (19 February 2011). "Tallents open 2011 with Australian 20Km titles in Hobart-IAAF Race Walking Challenge". IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-02-20. Archived 22 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Curtis, Joseph (14 August 2017). "A kiss for mummy! Australian athlete celebrates completing in 20 km walk race her baby son just 12 WEEKS after giving birth". Daily Mail. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- "Montag wins walk; Tallent disqualified". ESPN.com. 8 April 2018. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Claire Tallent.|
- Claire Woods at World Athletics
- Claire Tallent at Athletics Australia
- Claire Woods (Tallent) at Australian Athletics Historical Results
- Claire Tallent at the Australian Olympic Committee
- Claire Woods at the International Olympic Committee
- Claire Tallent at the Olympic Channel
- Claire Woods-Tallent at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com (archived)
- Claire Tallent at the Commonwealth Games Federation (2010)
- Claire Tallent at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games