Born in Cincinnati, Wilke studied guitar and composition at the College of Mount St. Joseph, and took his master's degree in guitar from the University of Cincinnati's College Conservatory. He completed his doctorate in Early Music Performance with an Emphasis on Historical Plucked Strings (lute, theorbo and guitar) at the Eastman School of Music, under the tutelage of Paul O'Dette.
Wilke has given solo recitals in Italy and Germany as well as the United States. He has taught at the Guitar Foundation of America's Convention and the American Musicological Society's Annual Meeting. His recordings have been featured on Concertzender radio  in the Netherlands, on Canadian Television, and such NPR programs as Classical Guitar Alive! and Sunday Morning Baroque.
- "De Temporum Fine Postludia II" (Roman Turovsky: Works for Baroque lute) Polyhymnion 002, 2019
- "De Temporum Fine Postludia" (Roman Turovsky: Works for Baroque lute) Polyhymnion 001, 2016
- "Desperate Doors" (Works for lute by J.S.Bach, Adam Falckenhagen, Sylvius Leopold Weiss 2015)
- "Graceful Degradation" (works by Johann Adolph Hasse, Paul Charles Durant, Franz Joseph Haydn and Jakob Friedrich Kleinknecht 2013) 
- "Charles Hurel: Theorbo Works", Centaur Records CRC 2875 
- "A Great Night With Christopher Wilke". Archived from the original on 2016-09-27.
- "Christopher Wilke, Solo Baroque Lute". 2015-10-11. Archived from the original on 2016-09-27. Retrieved 2023-10-16.
- "The Lute Society of America – LuteFest 2010 Performers – Chris Wilke". www.cs.dartmouth.edu. Archived from the original on 2015-07-08.
- "Backstage Pass with Lutenist Christopher Wilke | WXXI". interactive.wxxi.org. Archived from the original on 2016-09-27.
- "Compositeur - Christopher Wilke". Archived from the original on 2016-09-27. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "L'Esprit Baroque".
- "Kairos". Concertzender | Klassiek, Jazz, Wereld en meer.
- "Classical Guitar Alive! Play Lists".
- "Lutenist Christopher Wilke on Next Fretworks » Classical 101". delta.wosu.org. Archived from the original on 2016-09-27.
- "Christopher Wilke CD release!".
- "Desperate Doors". 17 December 2015.
- Zuluaga, Daniel (2015). "ANONYMOUS, PAULO CARLO DURANT (Fl. C1745–1769), JOHANN ADOLF HASSE (1699–1783), JOSEPH HAYDN (ATTRIBUTED) (1732–1809), JAKOB FRIEDRICH KLEINKNECHT (1722–1794) GRACEFUL DEGRADATION: THE LAST LUTE SONATAS Christopher Wilke, thirteen-course lute Self-issue, no catalogue number, 2013; one disc, 62 minutes". Eighteenth Century Music. 12 (2): 251–253. doi:10.1017/S1478570615000135. S2CID 194715121.
- "Charles Hurel: The Theorbo Music. Christopher Wilke, theorbo".