Chris Clarke (sprinter)(Redirected from Christopher Clarke (athlete))
Christopher Clarke MBE (born 25 January 1990) is an English elite athlete sprinter who has often represented Great Britain and Northern Ireland at junior and senior level. At club level he represents Marshall Milton Keynes AC and is also higher claim to Newham and Essex Beagles A.C.
Clarke running 100m as a guide for Libby Clegg at the 2016 Paralympics
|Born||25 January 1990|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||67 kg (148 lb)|
|Event(s)||200 metres, 400 metres|
|Club||Marshall Milton Keynes A.C|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||100 m – 10.45 (2007)|
200 m – 20.22 (2013)
400 m – 45.59 (2009)
At the 2006 Beijing World Junior Athletics Championships Clarke won a bronze medal in the 4 × 400 metres relay. In 2007 he finished first in the 400 metres final of the World Youth Championships to win the gold medal. On 24 July 2009 he won two gold medals (400 m and 4 × 400 m) at the European Junior Championships in a new personal best of 45.59 seconds. 2009 also saw Chris selected for his first Senior Great Britain national team for the World athletics championships in Berlin.
2010 saw him compete as part of the 4 × 400 m relay team who later went on to claim a bronze medal at the world indoor athletics championships in Doha.
In 2011, Chris returned from injury to finish second at the British Championships and qualify for the World Athletics Championships. The GB relay team qualified for the final with 3:00.38 (Chris running 44.99 split). The team later went on to place seventh in the final with a time of 3:01.16.
2012 saw Chris finish 3rd in the 200m at the British Athletics Championships. He went on to represent Great Britain at the European championships later that year finishing 6th in the final. He missed qualification for the 2012 summer Olympics.
2013 saw Chris run two personal best in the 200m to finish second in the national senior ranking with 20.22 (-1.7).
In 2014, Chris reached the semi-final of the men's 200m at the commonwealth Games held in Glasgow.
- "Christopher Clarke". iaaf.org.
- "Home". Milton Keynes Athletic Club.
- British Athletics. "British Athletics Official WebsiteDouble bronze for men's relays at World Juniors".
- British Athletics. "British Athletics Official Website – World Youth Championships: Day 3 report".
- "SWISS TIMING: Headquarters and Affiliates". sportresult.com.
- Hudson, Elizabeth (23 February 2016). "Libby Clegg: Paralympic sprinter targets Rio medal with new guide". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "No. 61803". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2016. p. N16.