Christian Zübert (born 1973, Würzburg) is a German film director and screenwriter.
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Zübert started out as a screenwriter for German television. In 2000 he directed and wrote his first feature Lammbock, which was a surprise hit in Germany with over one million admissions. In the same year he wrote the script for Mädchen, Mädchen which was a box office hit.
In 2004, he directed the children's adventure movie Der Schatz der weißen Falken which received many awards and played numerous international festivals. After directing and writing award winning movies and series for television, e.g. the Tatort crime thriller Nie wieder frei sein, Zübert returned to the big screen in 2010 with the comedy-drama Dreiviertelmond (Three Quarter Moon), which was nominated for the German Film Award, won the Bavarian Film Award and the Director´s Guild of Germany Metropolis Award and was screened in many international festivals.
His 2013 effort Tour de Force had its premiere on the Grand Piazza of the Locarno International Film Festival and its North American Premiere on the Toronto International Film Festival, where he returned the following year with his German-Greek drama One Breath.
- Lammbock (2001)
- Echte Männer? (2003, TV film)
- Was nicht passt, wird passend gemacht (2003, TV series, 3 episodes)
- Der Schatz der weißen Falken (2005)
- Hardcover (2008)
- KDD – Kriminaldauerdienst (2010, TV series, 3 episodes)
- Tatort: Nie wieder frei sein (2010, TV series episode)
- Three Quarter Moon (2011)
- Tour de Force (2014)
- One Breath (2015)
- Lommbock (2017)
- Arthurs Gesetz (2018, TV series, 6 episodes)
- Bad Banks (2020, TV series, 6 episodes)
- Der Clown (1998–2001, TV series, 15 episodes)
- Mädchen, Mädchen (dir. Dennis Gansel, 2001)
- Lammbock (dir. Christian Zübert, 2001)
- Absolut das Leben (2002–2006, TV series, 10 episodes)
- Echte Männer? (dir. Christian Zübert, 2003, TV film)
- Der Schatz der weißen Falken (dir. Christian Zübert, 2005)
- Geile Zeiten (dir. Annette Ernst, 2006, TV film)
- Vollidiot (dir. Tobi Baumann, 2007) — based on a novel by Tommy Jaud
- Die Rote Zora (dir. Peter Kahane, 2008) — based on The Outsiders of Uskoken Castle by Kurt Held
- Don Quichote – Gib niemals auf! (dir. Sibylle Tafel, 2008, TV film)
- Hardcover (dir. Christian Zübert, 2008)
- Hangtime – Kein leichtes Spiel (dir. Wolfgang Groos, 2009)
- Neue Vahr Süd (dir. Hermine Huntgeburth, 2010, TV film) — based on a novel by Sven Regener
- Three Quarter Moon (dir. Christian Zübert, 2011)
- Dampfnudelblues (dir. Ed Herzog, 2013) — based on a novel by Rita Falk
- One Breath (dir. Christian Zübert, 2015)
- Lommbock (dir. Christian Zübert, 2017)
- The Collini Case (dir. Marco Kreuzpaintner, 2019) — based on a novel by Ferdinand von Schirach
- "Christian Zübert biography". festivalscope.com. Archived from the original on June 17, 2015. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- "TIFF Adds 'Clouds of Sils Maria' and 'Two Days, One Night,' Reveals 5 More Lineups". Indiewire. Retrieved 28 August 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "One Breath – Ein Atem". tiff.net. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved February 1, 2016.