Christian Bautista (album)
Christian Bautista is the self-titled debut album by Filipino singer Christian Bautista, released in the Philippines on September 28, 2004 by Warner Music Philippines. Its singles include "The Way You Look at Me", "Hands to Heaven", "Colour Everywhere", "Kailan Pa Ma'y Ikaw" and "Kelan Kaya". To date, the album has reached 4× Platinum status by the Philippine Association of the Record Industry, selling over 120,000 units in the country. It has also been certified in other Southeast Asian countries, such as Indonesia and Thailand.
|Studio album by|
|Released||28 September 2004|
|Recorded||December 2003—August 2004|
|Length||41:47 (Standard edition)|
58:24 (Limited edition)
|Producer||Ricky R. Ilacad, Neil C. Gregorio|
|Christian Bautista chronology|
|Singles from Christian Bautista|
After his stint as a contestant on ABS-CBN's Star In A Million talent contest where he became the fourth runner-up, Bautista signed an album contract with Warner Music Philippines. He, then, released his self-titled debut album, with "The Way You Look at Me" as its first single, written by Andrew Fromm and Keith Follese.
The album sold overwhelmingly huge. It was 4× Platinum in the Philippines, and 2× Platinum in Indonesia. Furthermore, it became popular in other parts of Southeast Asia, namely Thailand and Malaysia. Despite from over-performing commercially, the album received mixed reviews from OPM critics. Ginnie Faustino-Galgana of Titik Pilipino gave the album three out of five stars, stating "He is a face with a voice. It's easy to imagine girls swooning over Christian. If he could act, he can do a Piolo Pascual". However, she felt the lack of heart on Bautista's deliverance, saying "He can hit the notes and his delivery is pretty clear, but more emotion is needed [...] He may want to croon, rather than just sing the words". She ended the review unsatisfied, saying "A little more practice will get him that oomph".
A limited edition of the album was released, consisting of a two-CD set package. The first disc consists of the original tracks from the original edition of the album plus four additional songs—"You and Me (We Wanted It All)" with Rachelle Ann Go, "So It's You", "Say That You Love Me", and "I Will Be What I Believe". The second disc is in VCD format, consisting of six music videos.
Titik Pilipino gave another review for the re-release of Christian Bautista. Resty Odon gave the album a perfect rating (five out of five stars), stating "The good news is, the addition of these four numbers gives Christian the chance to further prove that he can hold his own in the ballads department". He compared Bautista as better than Josh Groban, when it comes to pop numbers. He also praised the vocal performance of Bautista on the four new songs, saying "Fans of Christian Bautista [...] will be thrilled just the same to find Christian belting it out in four new songs in his own unique style, including a duet with the golden-voiced Rachelle Ann Go.
All tracks were produced by Neil C. Gregorio.
- "The Way You Look at Me" (Keith Follese, Andrew Fromm) – 3:27
- "Colour Everywhere" (Guy Roche, Shelly Peiken) – 4:12
- "Kailan Pa Ma'y Ikaw" (Tito C. Cayamada) – 3:58
- "Away from You" (Boy Katindig) – 4:18
- "Kelan Kaya" (Emil Pama) – 4:32
- "Hands to Heaven" (David Glasper, Marcus Lilington) – 4:07
- "Ang Tangi Kong Kasama" (Cayamada, Jerry Butiong) – 4:09
- "Miracle" (featuring Nina) (Mike Luis) – 4:06
- "The Way You Look at Me" (Acoustic) (Follese, Fromm) – 3:27
- "I Don't Want to See You Cry Again" (Jungee Marcelo, Soc Villanueva) – 5:31
- "You and Me (We Wanted It All)" (with Rachelle Ann Go) (Peter Allen, Carol Bayer-Sager) – 4:32
- "So It's You" (Cecille Azarcon) – 3:42
- "Say That You Love Me" (Louie Ocampo, Alan Ayque) – 4:51
- "I Will Be What I Believe" (Ferdinand Dimadura) – 3:32
- "The Way You Look at Me" (music video)
- "Hands to Heaven" (music video)
- "Colour Everywhere" (music video)
- "Kailan Pa Ma'y Ikaw" (music video)
- "You and Me (We Wanted It All)" (with Rachelle Ann Go) (music video)
- "So It's You" (music video)
- To Have and to Hold (with Sitti) (Claudine Barreto and Raymart Santiago's Wedding)
Credits were taken from Titik Pilipino.
- Christian Bautista - lead vocals, back-up vocals
- Rey Cortez (of WMP Creative) - album cover art
- Tom Epperson - photography
- Mon Faustino - arranger
- Keith Follese - arranger
- Andrew Fromm - arranger
- Chris Genuino (of WMP Creative) - album cover art
- Neil C. Gregorio - album producer, A&R administration, mastering and sequencing
- Ricky R. Ilacad - executive producer, A&R administration
- Mike Luis - vocal coach, arranger
- Ferdie Marquez - arranger
- Nina - lead vocals (track 8)
- Alvin Nunez - arranger
- Anne Poblador - styling
- Frey Zambrano - production coordinator
- Paolo Zarate - arranger
- Zeebedee Zuniga - vocal coach
- Mastering and sequencing at Warner Chili Red Studio
|Philippines||September 28, 2004||Standard (CD)|
|2005||Limited edition (CD + bonus tracks + VCD)|
|United States||March 25, 2004||Standard (digital download)|
- Kaye Villagomez (September 28, 2004). "Christian Bautista launches album in A.S.A.P. today". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on September 3, 2004. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
- Christian Bautista album profile on TitikPilipino.com Archived September 26, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Christian Bautista Profile Archived October 5, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Enriquez, Clara (December 30, 2005). "Christian Bautista Takes On Asia". MTV Asia. Archived from the original on 2008-03-08. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- Album information, "Christian Bautista - Christian Bautista Archived June 18, 2014, at the Wayback Machine", iTunes, Retrieved 2010-09-08
- Album information, "Christian Bautista - Christian Bautista", Amazon.com, Retrieved 2010-09-08
- Warner Music Group, News, "Christian Bautista One In A Million Star Archived January 31, 2010, at the Wayback Machine", Titik Pilipino, November 02, 2004
- Titik Pilipino review Archived March 7, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Ginnie Faustino-Galgana, Album review, "Christian Bautista - Christian Bautista Archived March 7, 2012, at the Wayback Machine", Titik Pilipino, Retrieved 2010-09-08
- Album information, "Christian Bautista (Limited Edition) - Christian Bautista Archived September 26, 2008, at the Wayback Machine", Titik Pilipino, Retrieved 2010-09-08
- Resty Odon, Album review, "Christian Bautista (Limited Edition) - Christian Bautista Archived March 7, 2012, at the Wayback Machine", Titik Pilipino, Retrieved 2010-09-08