|Born||November 15, 1976|
|Genres||Technical death metal, progressive metal, thrash metal, groove metal|
His favorite non-metal musicians are Mozart, La Tordue, Têtes Raides, and Björk, as well as Bulgarian music and Indian music. He cites French singers such as Alain Bashung, Barbara, Jacques Brel, and Georges Brassens.
In an interview for Lyon's ZYVA Magazine, Andreu explained that he does not listen to much metal music apart from Gojira, stating that he primarily listens to classical music. Andreu credited "Symbolic" from the band Death as the song that portrays him.
In 2007, he was also a guitarist in an experimental ethno-tribal progressive rock band playing in a traditional style called Familha Artús.
On May, 2019 towards the end of the song "Stranded" at Ohio's Sonic Temple Festival, the pyrotechnic effects of the show have projected flames in his face under the effect of the wind. Burned superficially, Andreu had to leave his comrades but returned on stage to complete the concert, while taking breaks between songs to throw water on his face. He recovered quickly.
- Jackson RR1t
- Jackson RR Custom (with "G" inlay on 12th fret)
- Jackson RR5
- Gibson Explorer (on The Link Alive)
- Amplifiers and Cabinets
- EVH 5150 III 100 watt HEAD (L'Enfant Sauvage – present)
- EVH 5150 III 4×12 Cab (Christian started using EVH in 2009 on Gojira's first headlining tour in US)
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (Terra Incognita – The Link)
- Peavey 6505+, 6505, 5150, 5150 II (From Mars to Sirius – The Way of All flesh)
- Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
- MXR Smart-Gate
- MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Note: Before the deal with Dunlop, he was using Boss NS-2
- Victim (as Godzilla) (1996)
- Possessed (as Godzilla) (1997)
- Saturate (as Godzilla) (1999)
- Wisdom Comes (as Godzilla) (2000)
- Maciste All'Inferno (Gojira) (2003)
- End of Time (Gojira) (2012)
- Studio albums
- Terra Incognita (2001)
- The Link (2003)
- From Mars to Sirius (2005)
- The Way of All Flesh (2008)
- L'Enfant Sauvage (2012)
- Magma (2016)
- Fortitude (2021)
- With Familha Artús
- Òrb (2007)
- Jagunk, Yoch (August 24, 2009). "Discussion - Gojira (Interview with Christian Andreu)". Zyva Magazine (in French). Lyon: Issuu. p. 28. OCLC 743017035. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- Familha Artús (band) (February 12, 2007). Christian Andreu (Gojira) en guest - 2007 [Christian Andreu (Gojira) as a guest - 2007] (Trailer). The Landes: Artús – via YouTube.
- Chapstick, Kelsey (May 20, 2019). "Gojira Guitarist Burns Face in Onstage Pyro Accident, Finishes Playing Set". Revolver. Archived from the original on August 14, 2020. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- Kaufman, Spencer (May 22, 2019). "The moment Gojira's guitarist was struck by pyro flames at Sonic Temple Fest". Consequence of Sound. Archived from the original on May 3, 2020. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- Geist, Brandon (March 1, 2007). "Joe Duplantier talks Metallica, Randy Blythe, environmentalism, pizza and more". Revolver. Archived from the original on November 1, 2020. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- Soenen, Marie-Hélène (June 24, 2016). "Gojira, du zen dans le metal" [Gojira, some Zen in the metal]. Télérama (in French). Paris. Archived from the original on December 12, 2020. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christian Andreu.|