|Date of birth||September 10, 1991|
|Place of birth||Duluth, Georgia, United States|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2010–2013||Wake Forest Demon Deacons|
|2014–2016||New York Red Bulls||59||(1)|
|2019||→ RGVFC Toros (loan)||3||(0)|
|2019||Oklahoma City Energy||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of November 13, 2020|
Born in Duluth, Georgia, Duvall played his club soccer for the Concorde Fire before joining the Wake Forest Demon Deacons in 2010. Duvall was a four-year starter for Wake Forest and played in 74 games and had one goal and 11 assists in his collegiate career.
New York Red BullsEdit
On January 16, 2014 Duvall was selected with the 22nd pick by the New York Red Bulls of Major League Soccer in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft. He made his debut for the team on May 17, 2014 against Toronto FC, coming on as a halftime substitute for Kosuke Kimura as the Red Bulls lost 2–0. Duvall then made his first professional start the next week on May 24 against the Portland Timbers. The Red Bulls went on to lose 2–1. After a few more impressive displays Duvall emerged as the team's starting right back appearing in 22 official matches in his rookie campaign.
On June 28, 2015 Duvall scored his first goal as a professional helping New York to a 2-1 lead, in a 3-1 derby victory over New York City FC. A few days later, on July 1, 2015 Duvall helped the Red Bulls to a victory in the U.S. Open Cup over another local rival New York Cosmos, drawing a pk during the match which was converted by Sacha Kljestan in a 4-1 victory. However, Duvall suffered a harsh tackle in the waning moments of the match which resulted in a broken right leg, keeping him out of action for the next few months.
Due to various injuries to New Yorks central defenders, Duvall was converted to center-back during the early part of the 2016 season and started the match at center-back for the club in a 7-0 Hudson River derby victory against New York City FC on May 21, 2016.
On December 13, 2016, Duvall was traded to Montreal in exchange for Johan Venegas after being selected second overall by Minnesota United FC in the 2016 MLS Expansion Draft. Duvall made his Impact debut on March 4, 2017, starting in a 1-0 loss to the San Jose Earthquakes. He would score his first goal for the Impact on July 1, 2017 in a 2-0 win over D.C. United.
On December 17, 2018, Duvall was traded to the Houston Dynamo in exchange for a third-round pick in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft. He made his Dynamo debut on June 11 in a 3-2 win over Austin Bold in the US Open Cup. He would appear in his only MLS match with the Dynamo on June 29, a 2-1 defeat to the New England Revolution. Duvall struggled to get playing time and spent time with the Dynamo's USL Championship affiliate Rio Grande Valley FC throughout the season.
On August 6, 2019, Duvall was waived by Houston.
Oklahoma City EnergyEdit
On September 21, 2019, Duvall joined USL Championship side Oklahoma City Energy for the remainder of their season. He made his Energy debut on September 22 in a 0-0 draw with Sacramento Republic.
|New York Red Bulls||2014||MLS||19||0||0||0||1||0||2[b]||0||22||0|
|Rio Grande Valley FC (loan)||2019||USLC||3||0||—||—||—||3||0|
- Giase, Frank. "Red Bulls select Wake Forest defender Chris Duvall in MLS SuperDraft". New Jersey.com. Retrieved May 17, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Toronto FC - New York Red Bulls". Major League Soccer. Retrieved May 17, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Red Bull 2-1 Timbers". Major League Soccer. Retrieved May 25, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "MATCH RECAP: New York City FC 1, New York Red Bulls 3". New York Red Bulls. Retrieved June 28, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "New York Red Bulls 4, New York Cosmos 1". New York Red Bulls. Retrieved July 1, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "New York City FC 0, New York Red Bulls 7". MLSSoccer.com.
- "Impact acquires defender Chris Duvall from Minnesota United FC". ImpactMontreal.com.
- "Chris Duvall". impactmontreal.com/en/. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- "Impact shuts out D.C. United 2-0". impactmontreal.com/en/. July 1, 2017. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Rodriguez, Alicia (December 17, 2018). "Houston Dynamo acquire Chris Duvall in trade with Montreal Impact". mlssoccer.com. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- "USA - C. Duvall - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway". us.soccerway.com. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "Timbers sign defender Chris Duvall for 2020 season". timbers.com. February 25, 2020. Retrieved February 25, 2020.
- "Chris Duvall". mlssoccer.com. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- "C. Duvall". soccerway.com. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- "Dario Zuparic goal clinches MLS Back is Tournament for Portland Timbers". The Guardian. August 12, 2020. Retrieved August 12, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Impact's Chris Duvall turned to ex-NFL star for intel on Montreal - Sportsnet.ca". www.sportsnet.ca. Retrieved December 18, 2018.