Chris Alexander (editor)
Chris Alexander is a Canadian magazine editor, film critic, director, musician, composer and freelance writer. Alexander was a member of the Toronto Film Critics Association and was an editor of film website ComingSoon.net and a writer for The Toronto Star's daily newspaper Metro News. In 2010 he became the editor-in-chief of Fangoria magazine, a position he held until September 2015, when he stepped down in favor of pursuing his directorial and music career. Alexander also stated that he intended to continue to contribute editorial content but that he also intended to focus on Delirium, a Full Moon Features magazine he launched with filmmaker Charles Band.
Alexander has previously written for Rue Morgue and also worked as the editor of the official magazine for the rock band Kiss. Alexander has also worked as a radio personality for AM 640 on The John Oakley Show from 2004 to 2009 and for Rue Morgue Radio from 2004 to 2007. He has composed music for several horror films and productions such as the radio drama series Fangoria's Dreadtime Stories. In 2006, Alexander participated in the Raging Boll stunt in Vancouver, boxing genre filmmaker Uwe Boll.
In 2017 he co-founded Fantasm Media , a publishing entity devoted to producing licensed magazines spotlighting major names in film and pop culture. The first issue was dedicated to director George A. Romero. The second issue announced was the official KISS poster magazine. Alexander left the company in 2018 to focus on other projects, including his role as the associate editor of Rome-based Italian horror film periodical Asylum Magazine. He has edited and/or published over 150 magazines since 2009.
Alexander is also the co-founder of Toronto-based horror and cult film convention Horror-Rama.
His 4th feature film Blood Dynasty was released digitally via Alexander's Castle Films label, a co-production between Alexander and director/producer David De Coteau. The film is set for a Blu-ray/DVD release in late 2019.
Alexander was announced as one of the directors attached to Full Moon's Deadly Ten project.. Production began on Necropolis:Legion in June 2019 with a release date set for November 29th, 2019 on the Full Moon Features channel and on December 2nd, 2019 on Amazon Prime. 
- Chris Alexander's Blood Spattered Book (2010)
- Music for Parasites (2008)
- Music for Murder (2015)
- Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll (2017)
- They Drink Your Blood (2018)
- Blood for Irina (2012)
- Queen of Blood (2014)
- Female Werewolf (2015)
- Blood Dynasty (2017)
- Space Vampire (2019)
- Necropolis: Legion (2020)
- Kurek, Dominik (25 October 2012). "NYC-based Fangoria editor produces horror flick". Oakville Beaver. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Announcement: A Farewell from FANGORIA Editor Chris Alexander…". Fangoria. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- Barton, Steve (9 January 2014). "Full Moon in a State of Delirium This February". Dread Central. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- Turek, Ryan (5 February 2010). "EXCL: Meet the New Editor of Fangoria Magazine". Shock Till You Drop. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "RAGING BOLL CHALLENGERS ANNOUNCED (archived)". Film Threat. 23 August 2006. Archived from the original on July 28, 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Interview: Chris Alexander (Blood For Irina, Fangoria)". HorrorNews.net. 5 November 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Baker, Chris (December 2006). "Raging Boll". Wired. 14 (12). Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Burkart, Gregory (2 September 2008). "Chris Alexander & Carrie Eliza: Music for Parasites". Fearnet. Archived from the original on October 12, 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Burkart, Gregory. "Exclusive Interview: Chris Alexander Talks 'Blood for Irina'". Fearnet. Archived from the original on June 29, 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Wilson, Staci Layne. "Joseph O'Brien Talks Walking the Devil's Mile". Dread Central. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- "Film Review: 'She Who Must Burn'". Variety. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- Hallock, Chris. "Blood for Irina (Film Review)". Diabolique Magazine. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Miller, Mark L. (8 July 2013). "Review: BLOOD FOR IRINA (2013)". Ain't It Cool News. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Film Review: Blood For Irina (2012)". HorrorNews.net. 30 January 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Turek, Ryan (28 August 2013). "Chris Alexander Preps Queen of Blood". Shock Till You Drop. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Barton, Steve. "A Female Werewolf Is on the Loose!". Dread Central. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Female Werewolf". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Female Werewolf (2015) (review)". Dread Central. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Teaser, Images: Chris Alexander's Female Werewolf". Shock Till You Drop. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Interview Subjects". Why Horror?. Archived from the original on 3 November 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2014.