|Directed by||K. B. Tilak|
|Written by||Kondepudi Laxminarayana (story and dialogues) |
|Produced by||Jetti Chandrasekhara Reddy|
|Starring||Master Venkata Ramana|
|Edited by||C.H. Venkateswara Rao|
|Music by||Pendyala Nageswara Rao|
|Distributed by||Poorna Pictures|
The story is about the problems faced by children in orphanages, irregularities by the management and the related consequences.
Ramu (Jaggayya) and Subhadra (Devika) love one other. Ramu urgently leaves to Kashmir, and returns home to find that his beloved Subhadra is pregnant, and that her father had died of that insult. She delivers a boy in a mission hospital and dies. The boy is admitted to an orphanage and named Chiranjeevi. Hostel warden Tayaramma (Suryakantam) feeds the orphans with insufficient food and they are starving.
Ramu has an elder sister Seetha (Sandhya) and younger brother Srihari (Kanta Rao). Seetha is wife of a lawyer (Ramana Reddy). Ramu dies of chronic cough and mental agony, leaving the property in charge of his brother-in-law.
|Kanta Rao||Srihari, younger brother of Ramu|
|Master Venkata Ramana||Chiranjeevi, son of Ramu|
|Suryakantham||Tayaramma, Hostel warden|
|Devika||Subhadra, wife of Ramu|
|Rajanala Kaleswara Rao|
|C. S. R. Anjaneyulu||Ansari|
|Sandhya||Seeta, wife of Lawyer|
|K. V. S. Sharma|
|Chadalavada Kutumba Rao|
There are about 7 songs in the film.
- "Adagali Adagali Adigedevaro Telali" (Singers: P. Susheela, S. Janaki and group)
- "Ayyo Rama Ayyo Rama Lamba Rasta" (Singers: Madhavapeddi Satyam and Swarnalatha)
- "Dikkuleni Vaariki Devude Dikku" (Singer: P. Susheela)
- "Maya Bazar Lokam Samiranga" (Singer: P. Susheela)
- "Merupu Merisindoyi Mava" (Singer: P. Susheela)
- "Neevu Nenu Jabili Muvvuramu Unnamuga" (Singers: P. Susheela and Ghantasala; Cast: Devika and Jaggayya)
- "Yesko Naa Raja" (Singers: P. Susheela and Maddali)
- "Lyrical details of Chitti Tammudu film at Ghantasala Galamrutamu". Archived from the original on 25 September 2011. Retrieved 2 August 2011.