China Satellite Communications Co., Ltd. known as China Satcom is a Chinese aerospace company that provides services via satellites. The company was a subsidiary of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC).
|Formerly||China Satellite Communications Corporation|
|Parent||China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation|
China Satellite Communications operated the brand ChinaSat. APT Satellite Holdings, a listed company that was jointly controlled by China Satellite Communications and China Great Wall Industry Corporation (another subsidiary of CASC), operated satellites under the brand Apstar.
Before re-incorporated as a limited company, the company was known as China Satellite Communications Corporation.
In 2009, China Satellite Communications Corporation, a state-owned enterprise that was supervised by the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council directly, was dismantled and distributed to China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation and China Telecommunications Corporation respectively. However, it also acquired Sino Satellite Communications from CASC as a subsidiary.
- As of 31 December 2016
- APT Satellite International (42.86%)
- China Satellite Communications (Hong Kong) (100%)
- Sino Satellite Communications
- China Spacesat, sister company
- "关于组建中国卫星通信集团公司有关问题的批复" (in Chinese). State Council of the People's Republic of China. 16 June 2000. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Industry shakeup creates 3 telecom giants". China Daily. 25 May 2008. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- "China Satcom taken over amid telecom reshuffle". China Daily. 10 April 2009. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- "中国卫通整体改制为股份有限公司" (Press release) (in Chinese). China Satellite Communications. 27 June 2017. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- "2016 Annual Report" (PDF). APT Satellite Holdings. Hong Kong Stock Exchange. 20 April 2017. p. 50. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- "2008 Annual Report" (PDF). China Satcom Guomai Communications (in Chinese). Shanghai Stock Exchange. 18 April 2009. Retrieved 25 July 2017.