China Drive is the only daily bi-lingual news and lifestyle radio show in China. It is broadcast seven days a week, 5–7 pm Beijing time on China Radio International and focusses on life in China. The programme has four main presenters.
On Air Personalities Edit
Monday to Wednesday Edit
Thursday and Friday Edit
Saturday and Sunday Edit
Format of the show Edit
- Hang Out Feature (A reporter, or one of the show's presenters goes to a location in Beijing and does a short report on what's there for visitors to see.)
- Business-related report
- Media Scan - a review of the day's foreign and Chinese newspapers and media websites
- Movie Review with Zhao Kun
- Science & Technology Feature with Li Dong
- This Is IT - fashion feature with Shen Si
- Roundtable Discussion - every Friday an important issue is discussed in depth
Team of Reporters for China Drive Edit
- Yan Yinan, Host
- Chris Verrill, Host/Producer
- James West, Business
- Li Dong (Michael Li)
- Liu Min
- Shen Si
Former Team Members Edit
Chris Verrill Verrill was the first producer and co-host of China Drive. He spent only one year at CRI. He later launched Beijing Playhouse, China's English Broadway Theatre, www.beijingplayhouse.com
Trevor Metz Trevor was the co-creator and former afternoon host of Real Time Beijing--a sister program to China Drive. He spent four years with CRI. He left the show to narrate the documentary series Discover China on 5CTV https://web.archive.org/web/20090209090658/http://5ctv.tv/
China Drive first broadcast on CRI on December 1, 2005. It was hosted by Yan Yinan and Chris Verrill.
China Drive broadcast weekdays 5 pm to 7 pm. It replaced and combined four different half hour shows that were on the air at 5 pm, 5:30 pm 6 pm, and 6:30 pm. The show was a lighthearted features magazine.
Program Distribution Edit
China Drive first broadcast on CRI on December 1, 2005. It was originally hosted by Yan Yinan and Chris Verrill.