Chimnaz Mammad gizi Babayeva (Azerbaijani: Çimnaz Məmməd qızı Babayeva, 23 December 1946 – 23 December 2019) was an Azerbaijani ballerina, People's Artist of the Azerbaiojan SSR, laureate of the State Prize of the Azerbaijan SSR.
|Died||December 23, 2019 (aged 73)|
|Citizenship|| Soviet Union|
|Education||Baku Choreography Academy|
|Occupation||ballet dancer, pedagogue|
Chimnaz Babayeva was born on December 23, 1946 in Baku. From 1954 to 1964 she studied at Baku Choreography School, after graduating from high school, she had been a soloist at Azerbaijan State Opera and Ballet Theater. Later, she worked as a coach-pedagogue in the theater, and in recent years she moved away from the stage due to her illness.
Chimnaz Babayeva died on December 23, 2019, her 73rd birthday.
At the age of 9, she appeared on the big stage for the first time as Buratino in the ballet of Boris Zeidman "The Golden Key". Together with his wife Vladimir Pletnyov she had set up dance for the opera "The Fate of the Singer" (Jahangir Jahangirov). She had performed with the troupe of Azerbaijan State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater in many countries (France, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Burma, India, Turkey, etc.).
|Shirin||Legend of Love||Arif Malikov|
|Aisha||Seven Beauties||Gara Garayev|
|Sari||The Path of Thunder||Gara Garayev|
|Lover of Nasimi||Epic of Nasimi||Fikret Amirov|
|Gulyanag||Maiden Tower||Afrasiyab Badalbeyli|
|The lady||The Lady and the Hooligan||Dmitri Shostakovich|
|Kitri||Don Quixote||Ludwig Minkus|
- Honored Artist of the Azerbaijan SSR — 21 May 1970
- People's Artist of the Azerbaijan — 10 January 1978
- State Prize of the Azerbaijan SSR — 1974
- Personal pension of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan — 11 June 2002
- Rahimli, Ilham (2016). Azərbaycan Teatr Ensiklopediyası (in Azerbaijani). I. Baku: Azernashr. pp. 278–279. ISBN 978-9952-8306-3-7.
- "Xalq artisti Çimnaz Babayeva vəfat edib". Ministry of Culture of Azerbaijan Republic. 24 December 2019. Archived from the original on 3 November 2020. Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- Rahimli, Ilham (2005). Azərbaycan Teatr Tarixi (textbook) (in Azerbaijani). Baku: Çaşıoğlu. p. 314.
- National Encyclopedia of Azerbaijan (in Azerbaijani). Baku: Azerbaijan National Encyclopedia Scientific Center. 2010. p. 587. ISBN 978-9952-441-05-5.
- Yury Grigorovich, ed. (1981). Балет: энциклопедия (in Russian). Moscow: Советская энциклопедия. p. 38.
- ""Azərbaycan Respublikası Prezidentinin fərdi təqaüdlərinin verilməsi haqqında Azərbaycan Respublikası Prezidentinin Sərəncamı"". e-qanun.az. 11 June 2002. Retrieved 3 November 2020.