Chief Khalsa Diwan
The Chief Khalsa Diwan is a 117-year-old Sikh organisation, which is the central Organization of various Singh Sabhas spread across Punjab. Unlike the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee, the Diwan is an apolitical body and only concerns itself with religious, educational and cultural issues.
|Type||Singh Sabha Gurdwaras Management Organisation|
|Headquarters||Chief Khalsa Diwan Charitable Society, G.T. Road, Sri Amritsar|
|S. NIRMAL SINGH (2019-onwards)|
At present, the Chief Khalsa Diwan Charitable Society runs
- 47 Schools
- 3 Colleges(Educational Institutes)
- Old age homes
- Khalsa Advocate - newsletter
- Hospitals and clinics
The organisation was founded with the active efforts of Bhai Vir Singh.
- S. Sunder Singh Majithia (1967-1982)
- S. Sujan Singh Sadana
- S. Kirpal Singh(ex. M.P.)-remained the president for 17 consecutive years until his demise, without any selection (through election), because of his goodwill with other members.
- Charanjit singh Chadha
- Dhanraj singh
- Dr. Santokh Singh
- S. NIRMAL SINGH (2019-onwards)
S. Sant Singh
S. Bhag Singh Ankhi
S. Santokh Singh Sethi
S. Narinder Singh Khurana
S. SWINDER SINGH KATHUNANGAL, EX M.L.A. (Current)
S. SURINDER SINGH (Rumalaye Wale) (Current)
Local committees and presidentsEdit
The Chief Khalsa Diwan Charitable Society has numerous branches, each autonomous but directly responsible to the Diwan Headquarters at Amritsar.
- "Chief Khalsa Diwan Charitable Society". Chief Khalsa Diwan. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- Offensive, Marking Them (29 March 2016). "Chief Khalsa Diwan announces to set up university". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- Service, Tribune News (28 March 2016). "Chief Khalsa Diwan passes Rs150 crore budget". www.tribuneindia.com/news/amritsar/chief-khalsa-diwan-passes-rs150-crore-budget/214407.html. Retrieved 23 April 2016.