Chief Administrator of the Courts
The New York State Chief Administrator of the Courts (or Chief Administrative Judge of the Courts if a judge) oversees the administration and operation of the New York State Unified Court System. They are appointed by the Chief Judge of New York with the advice and consent of the Administrative Board of the Courts. They are assisted by the Office of Court Administration.
List of Chief Administrative JudgesEdit
Recent Chief Administrative Judges:
- Richard J. Bartlett, 1974-1979
- Herbert J. Evans, 1979-1983
- Robert J. Sise, 1983-1985
- Joseph W. Bellacosa, 1985-1987
- Albert M. Rosenblatt, 1987-1989
- Matthew T. Crosson, 1989-1993
- E. Leo Milonas, 1993-1995
- Jonathan Lippman, 1996-2007
- Ann Pfau, 2007-2011
- A. Gail Prudenti, 2011-2015
- Lawrence K. Marks, 2015-
- Gibson, Ellen M.; Manz, William H. (2004). Gibson's New York Legal Research Guide (PDF) (3rd ed.). Wm. S. Hein Publishing. pp. 130–131. ISBN 1-57588-728-2. LCCN 2004042477. OCLC 54455036.
- "Office of Court Administration". New York State Office of Court Administration. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- Shenon, Philip (August 6, 1983). "Administrator of the Courts Named for State System". The New York Times.
- "Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman". Court of Appeals State of New York. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- Caher, John (October 20, 2011). "Pfau to Resign as Courts' Top Administrator". New York Law Journal.
- Caher, John (October 21, 2011). "Prudenti Named Chief Administrative Judge". New York Law Journal.