Chicago Review Press
Chicago Review Press, or CRP, is a U.S. book publisher and an independent company founded in 1973. Chicago Review Press publishes approximately 60 new titles yearly under seven imprints: Chicago Review Press, Lawrence Hill Books, Academy Chicago, Ball Publishing, Zephyr Press, Parenting Press, and Amberjack Publishing. They describe their books as "a little quirky, a little edgy, smart".
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Chicago, Illinois, US|
|Distribution||Independent Publishers Group (US)|
Gazelle Book Services (UK)
|Imprints||Chicago Review Press, Lawrence Hill Books, Ball Publishers, Zephyr Press, Academy Chicago, Parenting Press, Amberjack Publishing|
Independent Publishers GroupEdit
Chicago Review Press, Inc., is the parent company of Independent Publishers Group (IPG). Established in 1971, IPG was the first organization specifically created to market titles from independent presses to the book trade. Chicago Review Press, Inc., acquired Independent Publishers Group in 1987. It is one of the largest distributors of independent books in the US. All Chicago Review Press titles are distributed internationally and publicized by IPG.
- Chicago Review Press publishes general nonfiction on a wide range of subjects including music, film, popular science, history, biography, and travel, as well as an award-winning line of children's activity books.
- Lawrence Hill Books specializes in nonfiction on topics of African American and Latino interest, progressive politics, civil and human rights, and feminism.
- Academy Chicago publishes memoirs, mysteries, fiction, and nonfiction.
- Ball Publishing specializes in gardening books.
- Zephyr Press publishes education resources for teachers that help them better understand how kids learn and how they can be more effective in the classroom.
- "Book Publisher Catalogues From Gazelle Book Services, UK Book Distributors". Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- Kirch, Claire (2013-11-22). "Chicago Review Press Hits Major Milestone". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- Kirch, Claire (2014-01-07). "Chicago Review Press Acquires Academy Chicago". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- "Chicago Review Press Acquires Parenting Press". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "IPG's Chicago Review Press Acquires Amberjack Publishing | Independent Publishers Group". Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- Levitt, Aimee (2013-10-04). "Chicago Review Press turns 40". Chicago Reader. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- Shropshire, Corilyn (2012-03-10). "The little guys stand up to Amazon". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- Eden, Scott (2007-05-31). "One Man's Niche is Another Man's Treasure". Chicago Reader. Retrieved 2015-02-01.