Cheo Hodari Coker (born December 12, 1972) is an American former music journalist turned television writer and producer known for such television series as Luke Cage, NCIS: Los Angeles, Southland and Ray Donovan. Coker also wrote the screenplay for the 2009 biographical film Notorious, based on the life and death of The Notorious B.I.G.
Cheo Hodari Coker
|Occupation(s)||Writer, television producer, journalist|
|2011||Southland||Writer, Co-Producer, Supervising Producer|
|2012–2013||NCIS: Los Angeles||Writer, Supervising Producer|
|2013–2014||Almost Human||Writer, Co-Executive Producer|
|2014–2020||Ray Donovan||Writer, Co-Executive Producer|
|2016–2018||Luke Cage||Creator, Writer, Executive Producer, Showrunner|
|2018||Creed II||Story writer|
- "Hip-Hop And Superheroes Inspire 'Luke Cage' Showrunner Cheo Coker". NPR. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- "The World Is Ready for a Bulletproof Black Man". Variety. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- "Everything we learned about Marvel's Luke Cage at the Netflix Comic-Con panel". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- "Irate Rappers Give Journalists A Combat Beat; Music Press Is a Target Of Violence and Threats". The New York Times. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- "Cheo Hodari Coker Will Serve as Executive Producer and Showrunner of Marvel's Luke Cage For Netflix". Marvel. Archived from the original on April 11, 2016. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- "Rap's New Gold Standard". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on October 2, 2016. Retrieved October 1, 2016.