"Chegaste" is a song recorded by Brazilian recording artist Roberto Carlos and American recording artist Jennifer Lopez. The song was first written in Spanish and then recorded in Portuguese. The latter version was released on her YouTube on December 15, 2016 and was released for digital download and on Spotify the next day, later being included on Carlos' 2017 self-titled extended play. The original version of the song, "Llegaste", was released on Carlos' Spanish album Amor Sin Límite (2018).
|Single by Roberto Carlos and Jennifer Lopez|
|from the album Roberto Carlos and Amor Sin Límite|
|Released||December 16, 2016|
|Jennifer Lopez singles chronology|
|Roberto Carlos singles chronology|
Background and releaseEdit
In October 2016, Billboard magazine confirmed that Lopez is working on her second Spanish album, which is set to be released in 2017 through Sony Music Latin. Marc Anthony serves as executive producer for the album. The following month, she released a cover version of the single "Olvidame y Pega la Vuelta", a duet with Anthony, as the album's first single. Puerto Rican singer-songwriter Kany García posted a photo with Lopez and Carlos on October 17, revealing that the singers had collaborated. Carlos traveled to Los Angeles where he and Lopez recorded their parts separately before meeting. O Globo reported that the song was recorded in Spanish as well. "Chegaste" was released via digital platforms on December 16, 2016. Of working with Carlos, Lopez tweeted: "Honored & excited to have worked with such a living legend like Roberto Carlos."
"Chegaste" is a ballad, which was composed by Kany García. It is Lopez's first song to feature her singing in Portuguese. Its instrumentation includes the chords of a piano and guitar. Carlos described the song lyrically as "a very romantic ballad".
|Brazil (Billboard Hot 100)||37|
|Brazil (Billboard Brasil Pop Airplay)||3|
|United States||December 16, 2016||Digital download|||
- Cobo, Leila (October 6, 2016). "Jennifer Lopez to Release Spanish Album, Executive Produced by Marc Anthony: Exclusive". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 7, 2016.
- Flores, Griselda (December 16, 2016). "Jennifer Lopez & Roberto Carlos Premiere New Single 'Chegaste': Listen". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved December 17, 2016.
- "Roberto Carlos e Jennifer Lopez posam para foto após gravação". O Globo (in Portuguese). Grupo Globo. October 18, 2016. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- Ferreira, Mauro (December 16, 2016). "Roberto Carlos ainda é o cara em duo em português com Jennifer Lopez". G1 (in Portuguese). Retrieved January 3, 2017.
- "'Chegaste': el dueto que Jennifer Lopez canta con Roberto Carlos en portugués" (in Spanish). Univision. December 19, 2016. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "Em dueto com Roberto Carlos, Jennifer Lopez canta pela primeira vez em português". O Globo (in Portuguese). Grupo Globo. December 16, 2016. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "Billboard Brasil Hot 100". Billboard Brasil. January 2, 2017. Archived from the original on January 13, 2017. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- "Airplay Chart" (in Portuguese). Billboard Brasil. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "Music — Chegaste - Single by Jennifer Lopez and Roberto Carlos". iTunes Store (US). Retrieved December 16, 2016.