Charles Stuart Blackie Chief Justice of the Pitcairn Supreme Court and is also a judge of the District Courts of New Zealand. He is a former Commander in the Royal New Zealand Naval Volunteer Reserve.is a New Zealand judge who is currently the
|Chief Justice of the Pitcairn Supreme Court|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||New position|
|Born||Putāruru, New Zealand|
Blackie is a founding member of the Armed Forces Law Association of New Zealand and is also currently the Chief Justice of the Pitcairn Supreme Court, having been appointed to that role in 2004. He oversaw the Pitcairn sexual assault trial of 2004, which was widely covered by foreign media. Blackie was also appointed to the District Courts of New Zealand on 18 December 1998, and is a Senior District Court Judge sitting in the Manukau District Court, Auckland.
- "Chief Judge Russell Johnson" (PDF). EDEN crescent. p. 31. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Commander C.S (Charles) Blackie VRD, RNZNVR". Royal New Zealand Navy. Archived from the original on 28 September 2015. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- "The Judges of the District Court". District Courts of New Zealand. Archived from the original on 28 September 2015. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- "HM The Queen officially opens The Supreme Court of the United Kingdom" (PDF). UK Supreme Court. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "New Year Honours 2017 - Citations for Companions of the Queen's Service Order".