Chachacomani(Redirected from Chachakumani)
The Cordillera Real as seen from Lake Titicaca with Chearoco and Chachacomani in the center
|Elevation||19,928 ft (6,074 m) |
|Parent range||Cordillera Real|
|Easiest route||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
It is situated in the La Paz Department, Larecaja Province, Guanay Municipality, southeast of Chearoco. Some of the nearest mountains are Wari Umaña in the southwest and Qillwani in the northwest.
Said to be one of the least climbed peaks in the Cordillera Real, the mountain has an elevation of 6,074 metres (19,928 ft) above sea level. The measured height has never been accurately measured, and may differ by up to 20 metres (66 ft), but the peak is ascertained to be over 6,000 metres (19,685 ft) in height. Notably, the deep and sheltered valleys around the mountain produce many distinct microclimates, which form lakes and other formations that support many species of birds.
- Soria, Marco. "Chachacomani". Peakware. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- "Chachacomani, Bolivia". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- Taken from Mountaineering in the Andes by Jill Neate, Bolivia, RGS-IBG Expedition Advisory Centre, 2nd edition, May 1994
- Brain, Yossi; Thurman, Paula (1998-12-31). Bolivia: A Climbing Guide. The Mountaineers Books. p. 109. ISBN 9780898864953.
- "Chachacomani 6074m". Andes. Retrieved 2009-03-28.
- Biggar, John (2005). The Andes: A Guide for Climbers. Andes. p. 138. ISBN 9780953608720.
- seccion.portalpatrimonio.cl Archived 2013-12-16 at the Wayback Machine. Consejo Nacional de la Cultura y las Artes, Conociendo la Cultura Aymara: ... Chachakuma: pata uraqinakan alija, sutipax qichwawa, ... (Aymara text saying that Chachakuma is originally a Quechua word)
- Radio San Gabriel, "Instituto Radiofonico de Promoción Aymara" (IRPA) 1993, Republicado por Instituto de las Lenguas y Literaturas Andinas-Amazónicas (ILLLA-A) 2011, Transcripción del Vocabulario de la Lengua Aymara, P. Ludovico Bertonio 1612 (Spanish-Aymara-Aymara-Spanish dictionary)
- Bolivian IGM map 1:50,000 Comunidad Amaguaya 5946-III
- "Guanay". INE, Bolivia. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved September 28, 2014. (unnamed)
- "CHACHACOMANI 6150 m". Inca Land Tours. Retrieved 2009-04-28.