Ceylon Today is an English language Sri Lankan daily newspaper published by Ceylon Newspapers (Private) Limited. It was founded in 2011 and is published from Colombo. Its sister newspaper is the Mawbima. Ceylon Newspapers (Private) Limited is owned by politician Tiran Alles. The first edition of the newspaper was published on 18 November 2011.
|Publisher||Ceylon Newspapers (Private) Limited|
|Editor||Jayantha Sri Nissanka|
|Founded||18 November 2011|
|Headquarters||101 Rosmead Place, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka|
Editor in chief Lalith Allahakkoon was sacked on 13 June 2012. His replacement was Hana Ibrahim. Ibrahim is a past treasurer of the Free Media Movement (FMM) and tried to prevent the FMM from reacting to Allahakkoon's sacking. Ibrahim later resigned from the FMM.
- "Cold war between Govt. and Judiciary continues". The Sunday Times (Sri Lanka). 7 October 2012.
- "About Us". Ceylon Today. Archived from the original on 2013-04-23. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Ceylon Today editor in chief forced to quit, reasons still unclear". Reporters Without Borders. 22 June 2012.
- "Ceylon Today's new editor prevents media groups from reacting to Lalith Alahakoon's sacking". Sri Lanka Guardian. 19 June 2012.
- "Ceylon Today Threatened Media Rights Groups And Editor Resigns From FMM". Colombo Telegraph. 27 June 2012.