Certified Ethical Hacker
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is a qualification obtained by demonstrating knowledge of assessing the security of computer systems by looking for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems, using the same knowledge and tools as a malicious hacker, but in a lawful and legitimate manner to assess the security posture of a target system. This knowledge is assessed by answering multiple choice questions regarding various ethical hacking techniques and tools. The code for the C|EH exam is 312-50. This certification has now been made a baseline with a progression to the C|EH (Practical), launched in March 2018, a test of penetration testing skills in a lab environment where the candidate must demonstrate the ability to apply techniques and use penetration testing tools to compromise various simulated systems within a virtual environment.
|Validity duration||3 years|
|Renewal fee||US $80 (annually)|
two years of experience
Ethical hackers are employed by organizations to penetrate networks and computer systems with the purpose of finding and fixing security vulnerabilities. The EC-Council offers another certification, known as Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA). This certification is designed for United States Government agencies and is available only to members of selected agencies including some private government contractors, primarily in compliance to DOD Directive 8570.01-M. It is also ANSI accredited and is recognized as a GCHQ Certified Training (GCT).
Certification is achieved by taking the C|EH examination after having either attended training at an Accredited Training Center (ATC), or completed through EC-Council’s learning portal, iClass. If a candidate opts to self-study, an application must be filled out and proof submitted of two years of relevant information security work experience. Those without the required two years of information security related work experience can request consideration of educational background. The current version of the C|EH is V10 which uses the EC-Council's exam code 312-50, as the earlier versions did. The cost of CEH V10 is $1199. Although the new version V10 has recently been launched, this exam has 125 multiple-choice questions, with a 4-hour time limit,
The EC-Council and various ATCs (Accredited Training Center) administer the C|EH examination.
Top Critical Components of the C|EHEdit
The C|EH focuses on the latest malware attacks, the latest hacking tools, and the new emerging attack vectors in the cyberspace. It includes hacking challenges at the end of every module and is built 100% in compliance to the NICE 2.0 Framework to ensure a systematic job role mapping.
C|EH is also accredited by the American National Standard Institute, has received the GCT (GCHQ Certified Training) accreditation, and is a recognized certification for the DoD’s computer network defense Service Providers (CND-SP’s), a specialized personnel classification within the United States Department of Defense’s information assurance workforce among many other recognitions.
- "Certified Network Defense Architect - EC-Council". eccouncil.org. Archived from the original on 2012-06-12.
- "Global sites - EC-Council". eccouncil.org. Archived from the original on 2014-07-27.
- "CEH: Certified Ethical Hacking course from EC-Council". eccouncil.org. Archived from the original on 2012-10-06.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-10. Retrieved 2012-05-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures (312-50) Exam. "CEH v9 Exam (312-50)" (PDF). Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- "Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) — What You Need to Know - Cybrary". Cybrary. 2017-11-21. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "EC Council Had Revamped The CEH v10 Training Syllabus by Adding IoT in IT". SSDN Technologies. 2018-03-30. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- "Discounted CEH Voucher with Free Prep Kit". SSDN Technologies. 2020-02-22. Retrieved 2020-02-22.
- "CEH V10 Certification Exam Preparation". SSDN Technologies. 2020-02-22. Retrieved 2020-02-22.
- Walker, Matt; CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-In-One Exam Guide, The McGraw-Hill Companies, 2011. ISBN 978-0-07-177229-7
- Oriyano, Sean-Philip; CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 8 Study Guide, Sybex Publishing, 2014. ISBN 978-1-118-64767-7
- Gregg, Michael; Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Prep, Que Publishing, 2006. ISBN 978-0-7897-3531-7
- DeFino, Steven; Greenblatt, Larry; Official Certified Ethical Hacker Review Guide: for Version 7.1 (EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (Ceh)), Delmar Cengage Learning, March 2, 2012. ISBN 978-1-1332-8291-4
- IP Specialist; CEH v10: EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Training Guide with Practice Labs: Exam: 312-50, May 2018, ISBN 978-1983005473
- Ric Messier; CEH v10 Certified Ethical Hacker Study Guide, Sybex publishing, May 7, 2019. ISBN 978-1119533191