Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood
The Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood is a small office within the Royal Household of the Sovereign of the United Kingdom responsible for the administration of orders of chivalry and some aspects of honours in general. It does not deal with nominations or decisions on appointments, but rather administers the appointment procedures and investitures, and provides the insignia.
List of secretariesEdit
|Sir Francis Morgan Bryant, CB, CVO, CBE, ISO||1916–1931|
|Rear Admiral Philip John Hawkins Lander Row, CB, CVO||1931–1932|
|Commander Dudley Colles, LVO, OBE||1932–1936|
|Major Sir Henry Hudson Fraser Stockley, KCVO, OBE||1936–1946|
|Brigadier Sir Ivan de la Bere, KCVO, CB, CBE||1946–1960|
|Major General Sir Cyril Harry Colquhoun, KCVO, CB, OBE||1960–1968|
|Major General Sir Peter Bernard Gillett, KCVO, CB, CBE||1968–1979|
|Major General Sir Desmond Hind Garrett Rice, KCVO, CBE||1980–1989|
|Lieutenant Colonel Walter Ross, OBE||1989–1991|
|Lieutenant Colonel Anthony Charles McClure Mather, CBE||1991–1999|||
|Lieutenant Colonel Robert Guy Cartwright||1999–2005|||
|Lieutenant Colonel Sir Alexander Fergus Matheson, Bt.||2005–2014|||
|Lieutenant Colonel James Vernon||2014–present|||
- "No. 27663". The London Gazette. 1 April 1904. p. 2113.
- "Mather, Lt-Col Anthony Charles Mcclure", Who's Who (online ed., Oxford University Press, December 2017). Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Cartwright, Lt-Col. Robert Guy", Who's Who (online ed., Oxford University Press, December 2017). Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Matheson of Matheson, Lt Colonel Sir Alexander Fergus", Who's Who (online ed., Oxford University Press, December 2017). Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "The Royal Mint Advisory Committee" (Cabinet Office). Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Royal Victorian Order", The Queen's Chapel of the Savoy. Retrieved 9 December 2017.