Akyol with Galatasaray
|No. 11 – Sigortam|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|League||Turkish Basketball League|
|Born||April 16, 1987|
|Listed height||6 ft 5.5 in (1.97 m)|
|Listed weight||208 lb (94 kg)|
|NBA draft||2005 / Round: 2 / Pick: 59th overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Hawks|
|2007–2008||→ Galatasaray Café Crown|
|2012–2014||Galatasaray Liv Hospital|
|2015–2016||Beşiktaş Integral Forex|
On 3 July 2015, Akyol signed a multi-year contract with Beşiktaş Integral Forex. After one season he left the club. On 20 October 2016, he signed with Acıbadem Üniversitesi of the Turkish Basketball First League.
Akyol was drafted 59th overall in the 2005 NBA Draft by the Atlanta Hawks. On February 20, 2014, the Atlanta Hawks traded Akyol's draft rights to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Antawn Jamison and on January 7, 2015 the Clippers traded his rights to the Philadelphia 76ers, along with Jared Cunningham and cash for the rights to Sergei Lishouk. On February 19, 2015, he was again traded to the Denver Nuggets for Javale McGee and the rights to Chukwudiebere Maduabum. On January 18, 2017, Akyol's draft rights were traded back to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the player rights of Mo Williams and cash considerations. His draft rights would later be traded once again on February 23, 2017 alongside Mike Scott and cash considerations for a Top-55 protected second round pick from the Phoenix Suns.
Turkish national teamEdit
Akyol is also a regular Turkish national team player.
- Besiktas brings in veteran forward Akyol
- Acibadem Universitesi inks Cenk Akyol
- HAWKS ACQUIRE ANTAWN JAMISON FROM LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- "Clippers Trade Cunningham To 76ers". NBA.com. January 7, 2015. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "Nuggets Acquire Rights to Cenk Akyol". NBA.com. February 19, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Hawks Trade Mo Williams To Denver Nuggets". NBA.com. January 18, 2017. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "Genç çift dünyaevine girdi". Radikal (in Turkish). 2013-08-21. Retrieved 2013-09-01.