This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Catherine Rabett (sometimes known as Katie Rabett) (born 20 July 1960 in London) is a British actress.
She played Cecily "Cissy" Meldrum in the BBC sitcom You Rang, M'Lord? (1988–1993). She was a member of Hot Gossip, Arlene Phillips's groundbreaking dance group, and performed on The Kenny Everett Video Show.
She gained a First class honours degree in Art History from the University of East Anglia. She curated the Art of Faith in East Anglia exhibition at Norwich Castle Museum 2011/13, and was picture researcher on Houghton Hall: Portrait of an English House by David Cholmondeley and Andrew Moore published by Skira Rizzoli October 2014.
Rabett also works as a volunteer UK representative for GRUBB Forward, a UK-based charity providing tutoring at three schools for Roma children in Serbia. GRUBB Forward also produces the GRUBB Show, a performance blending traditional Roma and contemporary music. The GRUBB Show has toured the world and the revenue is used to support the GRUBB Schools.
Selected film and television rolesEdit
- The Kenny Everett Television Show (1981) – Sexy girls
- Fords on Water (1983) – Madeline
- Real Life (1984) – Kate
- Minder, Windows (1984) – Louise
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – The Adventure of the Crooked Man (1984) – Young Nancy Barclay/Devoy
- C.A.T.S. Eyes, Goodbye Jenny Wren (1985) – Jenny Kenwright
- Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, Another Country – Carol Pringle
- Fresh Fields, Happy Returns (1986) – Monica
- Chance in a Million, The Blessing (1986) – WPC Madigan
- The Living Daylights (1987) – Liz
- Maurice (1987) – Pippa Durham
- Confessional (1989) – Jane Barclay
- Frankenstein Unbound (1990) – Elizabeth Levenza, Victor's fiancée
- Bergerac, All for Love (1991) – Jane
- You Rang, M'Lord? (1988–1993) – Cissy Meldrum
- Agatha Christie's Poirot – Hercule Poirot's Christmas (1995) – Lydia Lee