Carlstadt Public Schools
The Carlstadt Public Schools is a community public school district that serves students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade from the Borough of Carlstadt in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States.
|Carlstadt Public Schools|
|550 Washington Street|
Carlstadt, NJ 07072
|Grades||Pre-K to 8|
|Business administrator||Megan Pepe|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||575 (as of 2015-16)|
|District Factor Group||DE|
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
A groundbreaking ceremony for a new elementary / middle school was held on June 4, 2005 at the site of the new school, adjacent to the Lindbergh School. With the opening of the new Carlstadt Public School, which now serves all of Carlstadt's K-8 students, the Lincoln and Washington school sites have been turned over to the borough and plans have been developed to convert the sites for senior housing.
For ninth through twelfth grades, public school students attend the Henry P. Becton Regional High School in East Rutherford, which serves high school students from both Carlstadt and East Rutherford as part of the Carlstadt-East Rutherford Regional School District. As of the 2015-16 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 468 students and 38.7 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 12.1:1.
Carlstadt Public School serves students in grades Pre-K to 8. The school had an enrollment of 561 students as of the 2015-16 school year (based on enrollment data from the National Center for Education Statistics).
- Kenneth Foy, Principal
- Stephen M. Kollinok, Superintendent
- Megan Pepe, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for Carlstadt Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 12, 2018.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 27, 2014.
- Artist's rendering of the new school (PDF) Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Staff. "Carlstadt could start senior housing complex by September", South Bergenite, May 26, 2011. Accessed July 5, 2011. "With the two borough senior groups giving the thumbs up to a long-awaited concept, borough officials will soon commence a project to build an affordable senior housing complex for Carlstadt residents only, not at the previously targeted Washington School site, but at Lincoln School on Sixth Street. The former school will be refurbished and converted to apartments. The plan is to refurbish Lincoln School on Sixth Street to its historical circa 1909 state and convert the inside of the building to 20 apartments while keeping offices and the gymnasium for senior activity rooms."
- Carlstadt-East Rutherford Regional School District 2016 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 23, 2017. "The Carlstadt-East Rutherford Regional High School District is composed of one four-year comprehensive high school named Henry P. Becton Regional High School. The school district strives to meet the general and individual needs of the students and the Carlstadt and East Rutherford communities."
- School data for Henry P. Becton Regional High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 12, 2018.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Carlstadt Public Schools, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- School Data for the Carlstadt Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 12, 2018.
- Faculty and Staff Directory, Carlstadt Public Schools. Accessed March 21, 2018.
- New Jersey School Directory for Bergen County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Superintendent's Message, Carlstadt Public Schools. Accessed March 21, 2018.